• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Np, I do like how nobody has really addressed anything I brought up though.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My problem with all of the "historical" data is that they are estimations, not to mention the amount of time we've had instruments to capture data is like .00000000001% of the earths age. The data acquisition is also my main source of skepticism with the climate temperature data. Location makes a huge difference, solar activity makes a big difference, the whole equation is so unbelievably dynamic that it is impossible to "model" the future, as evidenced by the constant failure of the models predictions to come to fruition, funny that they have to be reset every year.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
My problem with all of the "historical" data is that they are estimations, not to mention the amount of time we've had instruments to capture data is like .00000000001% of the earths age. The data acquisition is also my main source of skepticism with the climate temperature data. Location makes a huge difference, solar activity makes a big difference, the whole equation is so unbelievably dynamic that it is impossible to "model" the future, as evidenced by the constant failure of the models predictions to come to fruition, funny that they have to be reset every year.

Oh ya, well I can tell you what happened a million years ago by looking at an ice core. So there. Lol

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
"I don't understand how they figure this out, so they must be wrong."

When the "scientists" (that are being paid to research this ****) are panicking over tenths of a degree Celsius. It's completely reasonable to question core samples that are supposed to pinpoint data from that long ago. Try thinking rather than just reading what the media tells you. I've done enough EPA and state financed research in college to know how this **** goes.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
When the "scientists" (that are being paid to research this ****) are panicking over tenths of a degree Celsius. It's completely reasonable to question core samples that are supposed to pinpoint data from that long ago. Try thinking rather than just reading what the media tells you. I've done enough EPA and state financed research in college to know how this **** goes.
We should only trust scientists paid by the oil companies. They're much more trustworthy.

Are you an expert in ice core samples?

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
We should only trust scientists paid by the oil companies. They're much more trustworthy.

Are you an expert in ice core samples?

I never brought up scientists paid by oil companies? Not an expert in ice core samples. Are you? Is anyone, really? Get back to me when they have a way to prove their theories on ice core samples when they invent a time machine. Thanks!

J
Jan 15, 2010
None of us really know.

I guess that explains why it's so easy for Donny to get you to believe his BS.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that if Donny came out and said that climate change is happening due to the actions of humans all his followers would be on board in a second.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I never brought up scientists paid by oil companies? Not an expert in ice core samples. Are you? Is anyone, really? Get back to me when they have a way to prove their theories on ice core samples when they invent a time machine. Thanks!

Again, this is just "I don't know, so nobody can know."

I'm not an expert. But there ARE experts. They do this stuff. I'm sure you're an expert at something, and I wouldn't disagree with you about it without a very good reason. Show other professionals the same respect.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Again, this is just "I don't know, so nobody can know."

I'm not an expert. But there ARE experts. They do this stuff. I'm sure you're an expert at something, and I wouldn't disagree with you about it without a very good reason. Show other professionals the same respect.

What we have are experts and their theories.
They could be 100% correct in their theories.
They could be partially correct in their theories.
They could be totally incorrect in their theories.

We know they are not 100% correct, as we continue to learn, disproving previous theories.
So to not understand the difference between theory and fact is mere folly, and prevents future enlightenment.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
What we have are experts and their theories.
They could be 100% correct in their theories.
They could be partially correct in their theories.
They could be totally incorrect in their theories.

We know they are not 100% correct, as we continue to learn, disproving previous theories.
So to not understand the difference between theory and fact is mere folly, and prevents future enlightenment.
To say that because they were not able to be 100% right, They must be wrong and we should continue to pollute as we see fit is also folly, when the potential consequences are so dire.

Say we take all this action, switch to all renewable energy, and it turns out everything was wrong. (It's not, but for the sake of discussion.)

W will have achieved energy independence, created many jobs in many new sectors, improved our energy infrastructure, improved our air quality, and saved many lives that are currently lost to the pollution put out by (primarily coal) power plants.

That just sounds horrible.

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
f748a2600012b8bb347ecfd12ff85f6f.jpg

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
To say that because they were not able to be 100% right, They must be wrong and we should continue to pollute as we see fit is also folly, when the potential consequences are so dire.

Say we take all this action, switch to all renewable energy, and it turns out everything was wrong. (It's not, but for the sake of discussion.)

W will have achieved energy independence, created many jobs in many new sectors, improved our energy infrastructure, improved our air quality, and saved many lives that are currently lost to the pollution put out by (primarily coal) power plants.

That just sounds horrible.

Do you really think we aren't going to continue to pursue alternative energy? If so, I have some ocean front property for sale in MN.
That's not what the Paris withdrawal is about, its about it being a ****ty deal for the US, while terrible polluters like India and China have to do basically nothing, while Germany is increasing their emissions. While we are supposed to pay a ****load of money. Makes sense. Not.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Do you really think we aren't going to continue to pursue alternative energy? If so, I have some ocean front property for sale in MN.
That's not what the Paris withdrawal is about, its about it being a ****ty deal for the US, while terrible polluters like India and China have to do basically nothing, while Germany is increasing their emissions. While we are supposed to pay a ****load of money. Makes sense. Not.

EXACTLY!
Thank you!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Don't believe the "Alternate Facts" that the POTUS throws out there in tweet streams or on camera. He's a huckster that is appealing to your, deserved, sense of propriety.

You need to listen to President Trumps speech when he pulled out of the Paris Accord...and then fact check it... His claims just don't stack up to the truth... and are intentionally misleading.

While I rarely agree with anything that the Vatican might say....
I do agree with Pope Francis and his crew.
The US pulling out of the Paris accord will be a "disaster for everyone."

DJT just does not participate in reality or truth.

To me, President Trump is an embarrassment.

These next 3.5 years (or less) cant come fast enough.

Politifact

The HILL

The HILL

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Don't believe the "Alternate Facts" that the POTUS throws out there in tweet streams or on camera. He's a huckster that is appealing to your, deserved, sense of propriety.
You need to listen to President Trumps speech when he pulled out of the Paris Accord...and then fact check it... His claims just don't stack up to the truth... and are intentionally misleading.
While I rarely agree with anything that the Vatican might say....
I do agree with Pope Francis and his crew.
The US pulling out of the Paris accord will be a "disaster for everyone."
DJT just does not participate in reality or truth.
To me, President Trump is an embarrassment.
These next 3.5 years (or less) cant come fast enough

In your own words what part of his stated reasons for not joining the Paris pact do you not agree with most?

Premium Features