• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

why are the ecu's and voltage regulators blowing on 09 d8's?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Does anyone know or have an idea on why the voltage regulator is causing the ecus to go bad? IS there a fix coming, will my votage regulator and ecu go out again?

thanks
tim

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
on a friends 08 the harness rubbed through on the clutch guard and ended up taking out the ecm. the dealer showed him the harness where it had rubbed through

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
I had this problem on my 07D7 and it came from the resistor conected to the voltage regulator, when this blew the voltage regulator got too much power from the engine and blew, wich again caused the voltage to be to hig in to the ecu and thereby frying this.
It's a small fix but could help you save alot of $ and help you cut down on the :mad: times

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Does anyone know or have an idea on why the voltage regulator is causing the ecus to go bad? IS there a fix coming, will my votage regulator and ecu go out again?

thanks
tim
easy...maximize profits and minimize costs. Unfortunatly when some large corporations do this the greed mentality takes over and they fail to balance realibility, durabilit and quality with corporate earnings. Can you say Made in China??

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I wish someone would have tried relocating the ecu and regulator or putting a cold air vent to it as if you look it's the only major change from the 9's and is in a really hot part of the sled also the ground might take a beating there

Premium Features