• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Clutch or DJ Clutch Kit

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
What would be the best for mountain powder riding the Team Clutch or DJ Clutch Kit? A friend sold his 03 800 summit and kept the Team clutch and told me I could have it . I ride an 02 800 Summit was getting the DJ kit but was told it would not work with the Team clutch. Need help on which would be the best. I ride trails as little as possible mostly powder and hill climbing. Any help would be greatlyapperated:beer;

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
Dj's kits use the origional clutches.. I had one and several of my friends had them in our rev's and all loved them. Dj's kits come with all the instructions and wher to start.. Yo will have to due some tuning with the kit but you have to do that with any kit.. Dj's web site is very helpfull,
I don't have much on the team but maybe someone else will have more knowlege about them..

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
i bought a DJ kit and loved it. got sick of replacing buttons in the secondary so i bought a team roller. DJ kit works way better than teams specs for the sled. (06 skidoo 800 mountains 8000')

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
jskattum606 i bought a DJ kit and loved it. got sick of replacing buttons in the secondary so i bought a team roller. DJ kit works way better than teams specs for the sled. (06 skidoo 800 mountains 8000')

So if I read this right you ran the DJ kit with a Team secondary clutch?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The DJ kit is a primary spring and dalton weights, with a different helix for the secondary. DJ doesn't make team helixs that's why his kits dont work with team clutches.

All that being said, a Team is fine if you already have your primary clutch dialed in, but if you don't it's going to be more expensive to achieve higher performance after you spend ~$300 for a team clutch and helix then still need to purchase a dalton pin kit and primary spring.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
So if I read this right you ran the DJ kit with a Team secondary clutch?

Sorry no. I have two secondary clutches. I'm hard on sleds in the trees (off and on the throttle, brakes) and broke the buttons in the secondary almost every ride so I bought a team. Sled ran way better with the DJ kit so I went back to installing buttons haha

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Keep in mind. I have no idea what you cluches are. I had an '06 doo rev 800 adrenaline that comes with a button secondary. When i bought the team, I set up the primary and secondary(team) to team specs. Did not like the way it shifted so instead of spending a bunch on buing clutch parts to tune it, I swapped secondarys, back to stock with the DJ kit installed.

Premium Features