• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 High Country with adapt clutch/reverse problem

C
Feb 25, 2009
We have a 18 High Country that has had reverse stalling problems since we had to remove team clutch to install a new thermostat. The old team clutch had the bearing in between the sheves go so we bought a new adapt clutch and the same thing is happening..,machine stalls in reverse and we thing the bearing in between the sheves is sticking again after maybe 500 miles of powder riding...my son tells me this is common (his sled). Does anyone here have a fix or can explain the problem? I know Yamaha clutching but don't know a lot about the newer AC clutches...help! lol

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Are you able to spin the bearing or rotate the clutch on the machine freely?
Also, was the engine idle speed slowed down?

C
Feb 25, 2009
Are you able to spin the bearing or rotate the clutch on the machine freely?
Also, was the engine idle speed slowed down?
Clutch rotates freely but bearing seems to stick but I have another bearing on order (clutch only has 125 miles on it) in case it is bearing. Is there anyting else that will cause bearing to bind as we had same problem with the team clutch that we replaced? Only 1200 miles on that one. Never touched idle speed but sled was bought used with very low miles.

Premium Features