• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SOME CHANGES ON THE 2012 PRO RMK.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Thanks for the informative post MH.

I really like that they strengthened the casting of the outer tube of the running board where it connects to footrest. I broke both of mine last year. Also the rear brace with the stronger riveting system was needed, multiple guys folded those up.

Sounds like the best just became better. The 2012s are going to be rock solid.

P

piper

Jan 6, 2008
North of Norway
You forgot to write about the New Security system that will be on the 800 and 600 ( new engine )..

The customer is able to touch a code with 3 numbers in to the display.

In security mode the sled is not able to get more then 3200? rpm and will stop when the cooling temp gets to 50 Degree..

The dealers need to Activate the system with DW and punch in the 3 digits code that customers want.

Touch both buttons on the display will turn the security on.. When the Park Brake is ON

P

pwdrhogRMK800

Oct 29, 2002
Casper, WY
Thanks MH! My snowcheck should be here soon, dealer already has a few of them. Will get to run next to my old man's 2011 all winter so we will see how the differences play out on the snow!!!

R

rmkray

Nov 26, 2007
Albert lea Minnesota
Th guy's over on hardcoresledder were talking about the 2 types of cranks, type 1 is the old supplier, type 2 I guess is fuji. Both cranks are interchangeable.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
>>GMan, since you change the shocks out on your sled and ride in spring conditions...Why did you get the Pro as compared to the std RMK with the front tunnel/bulkhead heat exchanger installed?<<

Very good question. This is my first Poo and didn't really even know about the differences; always had good luck with the Doo spring orders so that's the way I went with the Pro. Knowing what I know now I should have gotten the standard RMK and have given that advice to others on this forum several times last season.

>>In another post, you say that you have not tried a spring or valving change on the Pro RMK... but you know that you will not be satisfied with the results. Kind of self fulfilling way to look at it.<<

No, not really. The shocks have no remote resy's and fade badly the longer the ride lasts if you're bump and jump riding. NO amount of shock revalving or spring changes are going to correct that issue with the stockers though they certainly could be a lot better with a revalve. And I agree that Holz know what they're doing which is why they offer an upgrade where they add remote resy's to all the shocks (except the center shock which gets changed out entirely for even MORE oil volume and remote resy). I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I really want the Evols but the Holz option is cheaper and fits my budget better at this point.

Have FUN!

G MAN

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Originally Posted by jdtech65
Have the spark plugs changed for the 2012s? The reason I ask is I thought it was always BPR9ES. Well looking at the supplemental owners manual on my '12 it calls for NGK GR9A-EG and thats the numbers that are on the plugs in it. I tried to find some spares at work today and couldn't come up with any, I even checked on NGK's website and its not coming up.

Well, Here is the info that I have on the new NGK GR9A-EG.

The new plug is a direct replacement for the RN57YCC which was replaced by the BPR9-ES.... now the GR9A-EG.

The new plug is a copper core compared to a non copper core in the BPR9ES

The new plug is more resistant to fouling.

It is NOT a proprietary plug and will be avail thru other distributors like WPS and some of the online sparkplug vendors.

The BPR9ES can still be used in the new sled, this is designed to be a functional upgrade.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
The new plug is a direct replacement for the RN57YCC which was replaced by the BPR9-ES.... now the GR9A-EG.

So this new plug is interchangable with RN57YCCs? I have plenty of those laying around... :face-icon-small-coo

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Looks like they added a lot of weight, wonder what they weigh now???????:becky:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Looks like they added a lot of weight, wonder what they weigh now???????:becky:

If you troll the ProClimb forum, you'd think that weight is a complete non-issue now, and the Pro RMK must gain weight in 2012 from 2011 because the chassis was so weak in 11, and last years dry weight for the Pro was a pure marketecture lie, anyways.

It's still summer, but they could rename that forum to ProRMKBash. Some sled envy in that locker room, with them all wearing green towels. It's reported the newly delivered 153 800 Sno Pro's are clocking in at +12 from the 2011 Sno Pro. Same scale from 2011. Going the wrong way, and those boyz are in denial.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The lower airbox assy (#13) has changed in part number for MY2012... not sure what the diff is though..

All other components in the dwg remain the same from the 2011.

I'm sure I'll be updating this alot thru the season..

SNOW%5CAIR%5C11PRMK.gif

H
Dec 12, 2009
Part of the reason I jumped back to Polaris after being on an M8 for just over a year (loved it BTW), was seeing both the M8 and the pro on scales. The pro has it by at least $3,000 worth of lightweight M8 goodies, and the Silber turbo all but destroys the perceived AC power advantage.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
If you troll the ProClimb forum, you'd think that weight is a complete non-issue now, and the Pro RMK must gain weight in 2012 from 2011 because the chassis was so weak in 11, and last years dry weight for the Pro was a pure marketecture lie, anyways.
It's still summer, but they could rename that forum to ProRMKBash. Some sled envy in that locker room, with them all wearing green towels. It's reported the newly delivered 153 800 Sno Pro's are clocking in at +12 from the 2011 Sno Pro. Same scale from 2011. Going the wrong way, and those boyz are in denial.

What are you talking about? They were right on the money.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Part of the reason I jumped back to Polaris after being on an M8 for just over a year (loved it BTW), was seeing both the M8 and the pro on scales. The pro has it by at least $3,000 worth of lightweight M8 goodies, and the Silber turbo all but destroys the perceived AC power advantage.

Im with Duc, my new pro with silber turbo is still gonna be cheaper than if i was to buy a new cat :face-icon-small-ton

H
Dec 12, 2009
hopefully the slp setup still works on these 2012's. i ordered one in and have it sitting at work. might have to hold off on it for a while.

I just spoke with the SLP guys today about something totally unrelated, through the course of the conversation we arrived at 2011 vs. 2012 differences. They have had the "new" sled for quite some time now, he said none of the products for the 12's would be changed from the previous year.

Premium Features