• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Polaris?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P
Dec 23, 2007
Saw a couple of these up at Stampede Pass in Washington a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they are 2012s or not I'm an Arctic Cat guy. Not sure if anyone has seen them or not but here's a couple pictures I took.

2011-01-11_14-53-09_439.jpg

2011-01-11_14-53-27_89.jpg

2011-01-11_14-53-20_341.jpg

2011-01-11_14-53-36_238.jpg

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
White one I can see being the New 600. The red and black looks like a 2011 seeing as it doesnt have the prototype sticker on it. And that assault has a lot of gauges on the bars. Everything else looks the same as 2011s sadly.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
looks the same as the one i got that says 2011 on it. i see they got the same dumb *** bumper on the back.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
To say that any of those are 2012 would be jumping the gun a bit.

They could be testing new valving... a new skid tweak, cooling system, different engine or control system... new steering angles etc... These could be under the hood/sled of the yellow-tag sled or the the other current production sleds.

Paint is the easiest thing to change for production as are upholstery patterns/colors other items like bumpers, flaps, running boards (changed from last years demos to this years production)... drop brackets etc... all changes that we really wont know about till the consumer units are in the hands of the new owners next fall....Well, except for color packages.

Styling is something that is rarely "tested" in the prototypes outside of the I.D. dept at a mfg plant.

I don't see an Assault in the group.. only a silver panel Std RMK.

I'm sure that there are plenty of tweaks that Polaris will be incorporating just like any responsive company will... but don't expect much more than that on such a "Home Run" design.

My magic 8 ball says.. "signs point to yes" on a 600 CFi-2 with a P-2 secondary for the mountains.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
To say that any of those are 2012 would be jumping the gun a bit.

They could be testing new valving... a new skid tweak, cooling system, different engine or control system... new steering angles etc... These could be under the hood/sled of the yellow-tag sled or the the other current production sleds.

Paint is the easiest thing to change for production as are upholstery patterns/colors other items like bumpers, flaps, running boards (changed from last years demos to this years production)... drop brackets etc... all changes that we really wont know about till the consumer units are in the hands of the new owners next fall....Well, except for color packages.

Styling is something that is rarely "tested" in the prototypes outside of the I.D. dept at a mfg plant.

I don't see an Assault in the group.. only a silver panel Std RMK.

I'm sure that there are plenty of tweaks that Polaris will be incorporating just like any responsive company will... but don't expect much more than that on such a "Home Run" design.

My magic 8 ball says.. "signs point to yes" on a 600 CFi-2 with a P-2 secondary for the mountains.

Isn't that just commons sense?:face-icon-small-dis

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
White one I can see being the New 600. The red and black looks like a 2011 seeing as it doesnt have the prototype sticker on it. And that assault has a lot of gauges on the bars. Everything else looks the same as 2011s sadly.

As was said, they have a home run chassis and you expect massive changes after 1 year in production? That's just not practical. What were you hoping for?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Everything else looks the same as 2011s sadly.

Why is that sad? Where you hoping for big changes? I think we all expect the 600 RMK in the Pro Ride. I would be surprised to get anything much beyond that in the mountain segment.

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
I dont see any pics? As for big changes probably not, most likely it would be small changes if any. (example 07 to 08 Dragons: seat, gas tank, spindles, color and bogey wheels. and tail light.)

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
As was said, they have a home run chassis and you expect massive changes after 1 year in production? That's just not practical. What were you hoping for?

I am hoping for

stronger tunnel and running boards
10-15 more hp
better oil, coolant jugs
better front bumper mounts
better rear bumper

That would make me trade in my 11

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Two 2012 (2011-1/2) Polaris Rush snowmobiles will be debuted in this year's Iron Dog Trail Class (Team 51). Mike Bedard will lead this effort. The sleds will not be revealed until after Feb 7th. These sleds are also being set up by the factory under tight controls. There is wild eyed speculation of these Rushes being 136" tracked PROfessional grade sno-travelers. A direct injected 600 two-stroke is also discussed under wild eyed speculation. Sorry bastards all of them; like someone told me: "what's vintage anyway, anything older than 2012?" Keep that wallet open and ready boys!

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
big changes no. but it doesnt seem they did anything about the crappy rear bumper. snow flap doesnt do much but look good. cant say much for the tunnel as like some one else pointed out with the new plates being black they could be steel. Wasnt expecting new hood pins but they sure would have been nice. now that my sled has some miles on it and the front bumper is a lil bit tweaked it makes the front two a real PITA to attach.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

the black is a 2012, the white is a 2012, and the silver is may be an assault, but it has a silver front bumper so unless its a mod its a 2012 something with a possible new motor with the gauges to monitor it.

Premium Features