• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is an all new YAMAHA FACTORY TURBO VIPER on the horizon??

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Hello all....new to the forum and recently purchased HCR 8 (used)and have been reading up on all the information I can find....but I have always been a Yamaha faithful.

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents....worst winter in Ontario for a long time so I am reading more than riding :(

The main reason Y made changes to the 3 cylinder was a "cost decision"...had to many different configurations that dollar wise was not making sense ....now that block has certain specs they use for Snowmobile/ side X side / watercraft.

I know there expectations for snowmobile sales in 2017/2018 ...and it's a pretty big jump, so there is something coming for sure ....and did anyone read the article with Brad Darling & Peter Smallmentew?....some strong hints there also.

Like all of you I want the lightest, best handling, give me that " wow" factor sled.....but those big sales increase can also come from the utility market that skidoo owns....who knows what's coming?

But if I can't ride I do enjoy the "what if" discussions .

Now off to do my snow dance for all the sled heads out there.

Cheers!

nope, what is the article? you have to wonder how much business yamaha has permanently lost dragging their feet for YEARS. i notice that the snowbike forum consistently has more people than yamaha forum now. as hard as i have tried, i personally am just unable to get excited about an arctic cat built yamaha. Heck, yamaha might be better off forgetting about snowmobiles and building kick *** dirt bikes for the snowbike guys. seriously though, i would love to buy a new yamaha sled if they would just release something worth getting excited about.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I love mine too. People just don't give them a chance. 270 MCX kit on 2015 SR Viper MTX LE. I love when people say they aren't true mountain sleds or they are only good for going straight up hills, like if you can't do anything but that with them.

I'm happy with yamakitty, and MPI, you guys can blow smoke!?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
thats great and i understand its probably a good sled....i seriously considered buying one this year. however its a $16k investment with the turbo.....for a chassis that is going on 6 years old, and while i know they dont "feel" heavy, the reality is that they are heavy...still. Its an old chassis, Yamaha can do so much better. but i realize i am just beating a dead horse here because yamaha has been behind for so long its unlikely anything will change.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
thats great and i understand its probably a good sled....i seriously considered buying one this year. however its a $16k investment with the turbo.....for a chassis that is going on 6 years old, and while i know they dont "feel" heavy, the reality is that they are heavy...still. Its an old chassis, Yamaha can do so much better. but i realize i am just beating a dead horse here because yamaha has been behind for so long its unlikely anything will change.

X2.....

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador

Ive driven all the new sleds minus the Axys. The viper is a great sled. Especially for a four stroke. Not sure why everyone is so compelled to bad mouth them. I own two, and would do it all again!

Premium Features