• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174 3" CAMOPLAST EXTREME 16 WIDE

A

APEX320

Mar 3, 2009
ALBERTA
Is it possible to fit these on the 09 ? Was thinking tunnel ext but cant find one for the 174, also going with a timbersled rear skid. Would I be better off going with the 174 2.5???

R

robb

Dec 23, 2007
You will have to move the front cooler but will fit.

R

robb

Dec 23, 2007
I chickend out and went with the 174" 2.5" 16" fits good.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
if your gonna use that track id go cr racing 174 tunell along with rails and m10, but it will cost u a pretty penny but really nice if u have the cash

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Relocation of the front cooler is very intensive but doable! Impulse boys modify the stock one and makes it allot simpler. I would not remove the cooler because your bypass sestem still runs throught it. if you remove the cooler your thermostat will open up right away and the motor will get hot water to sudden cold water rushes...

Three inch tracks rock but there is a reason there are only about 5 nytros out there with them!!

A

APEX320

Mar 3, 2009
ALBERTA
Relocation of the front cooler is very intensive but doable! Impulse boys modify the stock one and makes it allot simpler. I would not remove the cooler because your bypass sestem still runs throught it. if you remove the cooler your thermostat will open up right away and the motor will get hot water to sudden cold water rushes...

Three inch tracks rock but there is a reason there are only about 5 nytros out there with them!!

Thanks Man going with a 2.5" now.

G

GRAHAM

Sep 2, 2008
Clovis cali.
Biggest problem is dealing with the cooler clearence.Also Nytros move so much snow that it causes a clogging problem not being able to dump the snow out of the front of the track fast enough causing low track speeds. The 16 ads to the prob. For sure change your upper gear to a 19 to gear down a lil. I'm runnin the 174x16-2.50 with a CR tunnel and 16" kit.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Biggest problem is dealing with the cooler clearence.Also Nytros move so much snow that it causes a clogging problem not being able to dump the snow out of the front of the track fast enough causing low track speeds. The 16 ads to the prob. For sure change your upper gear to a 19 to gear down a lil. I'm runnin the 174x16-2.50 with a CR tunnel and 16" kit.

Just turn up the boost a little!:face-icon-small-win

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada

Why are there only like 5 nytros with 3"?

snocattin

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
NW Montana
Robbie (Avid) abandoned the Nytro chaincase for now, too much effort. You have to reconstruct that entire subframe casting and engineer a matching structural chaincase cover. The cost to design and fabricate these intricate parts would likely be more than most would be willing to pay.

Call Avid if you are serious, if there is enough interest, he may resurrect the project.

LG

Premium Features