• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Mountain Cat Drop and Roll Chaincase back in stock!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just FYI, if the thread does not get pulled. We just got a pile of inner chaincase halves in for the guys doing the drop and roll update for to bring it up to Mountain Cat specs. If you need one call or message us right away.

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
Price

Would you mind posting or sending me a message on total price for conversion? Not positive on all the parts needed but maybe you can help. I have a 16 limited. Thank you!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Who's template did you use?

Is there any reason you HAVE to do a belt drive with these? You can just use the full mtn cat chaincase right?

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
Yeah i dont want a beltdrive. I know all of the "benefits" but its hard wnough making a place to put the damn drive belt on these without having to pack snother belt. And truly after how many chain drives really break with proper maintenance? Another marketing gimmick

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Belt drive.

I used TKI MC chain case template.
That's the only way I'd do it.
Pretty easy to make a mistake without toms templets.
I prefer belt drive over chain drive. I've got 2 800's (1 turbo 1 stock) and a 300hp EVO super chute 1100 turbo running belt drives.
Easy to pack a spare belt drive belt. I've only had to change one on the mountain. I was running the track to loses on my 1100. When the track skipped it snapped the belt. Tightened the track no more problems.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Does the template become part of the tunnel or do you remove it?

If the latter, want to sell your old one?

I've seen tom's belt drives and they're beautiful. I have no doubt they help the drivetrain spin up easier and add some performance. I just don't want to throw another (almost) grand at my sled right now.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Templets

I left both templets in the tunnel.
My thoughts are it'll be stronger with them left installed.
It is time consuming and you need good tools to cut and trim the tunnel. The directions and templets are very good.
The templets are not expensive.
If I were you guys I'd order the kit from ether Tom at TKI or Eric at Racinstation.
Cats 2018 sleds are going to be pretty interesting. I'm considering order one.

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Track swap

Yes. It's easier to change the track with a belt drive and this drop and roll makes it easier to install the drive shaft with 8 tooth drivers in a 3" track.
There's way more room in the tunnel with the MC chain case.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
Racinstation. Can you pm me a price on everything needed?

Also what else is needed to bring the skid up to spec? I have a 15. I'm assuming rails, and front arm. Probably front shock as well. Anything else?
Thanks

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Does the template become part of the tunnel or do you remove it?

If the latter, want to sell your old one?

I've seen tom's belt drives and they're beautiful. I have no doubt they help the drivetrain spin up easier and add some performance. I just don't want to throw another (almost) grand at my sled right now.

The brake side is designed to stay in the tunnel on the TKI kit. Chain case side can be removed.

Premium Features