• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally, a qualified POTUS!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
woody-woodpecker-video-game-master.jpg

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I earlier posted SNAFO. It should be SNAFU. Sorry! Getting older doesn't mean it gets any easier. :face-icon-small-dis

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
A college degree is worthless without work ethic.
However, work ethic without a college degree will never be without opportunities.
You peckers with your cute little video games remember this bit of advice!
I personally know people with no work ethic that work in government and have a hell of a lot better job and retirement than I do, for sure. And I won't even bring up health care.
My kids are 23 and 26 and they have never been into video games and rarely use a personal computer. As I write this rant, my son and his girlfriend are up at his hunting shack doing some work, and my daughter and her boyfriend are ice fishing in an ice fishing contest. I always had them outside with me when they were younger. To this day I won't ride without my son.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I personally know people with no work ethic that work in government and have a hell of a lot better job and retirement than I do, for sure. ....

One could / should argue that is a JOB and is not WORK, by definition. Work requires exertion on the workers part, a JOB is simply showing up for a paycheck. There are far too many people with JOBS in this country that contribute nothing to society as a whole, and for the most part, the rest of us are paying for that (read Government Jobs).

However there are also far too many with zero work ethic in the private sector with JOBS when they are being paid for WORK. It's no wonder a majority of our once great manufacturing sector has gone overseas and out of country.

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
A college degree is worthless without work ethic.
However, work ethic without a college degree will never be without opportunities.
You peckers with your cute little video games remember this bit of advice!

It's damn near impossible to find good young help for manual labor, I don't have time to pick rocks! $15 an hour cash to listen to music, get a workout, a tan, and drive a gator just isn't enough. :juggle:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
One could / should argue that is a JOB and is not WORK, by definition. Work requires exertion on the workers part, a JOB is simply showing up for a paycheck. There are far too many people with JOBS in this country that contribute nothing to society as a whole, and for the most part, the rest of us are paying for that (read Government Jobs).

However there are also far too many with zero work ethic in the private sector with JOBS when they are being paid for WORK. It's no wonder a majority of our once great manufacturing sector has gone overseas and out of country.

I understand the point you are making about work verses a job on the basis you associate work with being physical not mental. I am guessing that you have always been a physical person so that is natural. However, the reasoning behind a blanket statement such as "very few people actually work in the country" solely on the basis of a partial definition of "Work" is the reason why this country is not great anymore.

When people start to believe that what they contribute to society carries more weight then what other people do, solely based on their "OWN" opinion is where this country took a turn for the worst. And Don't draw the false equivalence of what i am saying to a mentally ill homeless person is contributing as much to society as you are" That is not my point at all. We are all in the same boat here. If everyone one is paddling in a different direction because, in their opinion its the best way, we as a society will go nowhere. Also to say that the reason why manufacturing jobs left this country is linked to people's work ethics is completely naive to how the global economy works and naive to the mind set of corporate profits and greed. I don't care how hard you work or how good a job you do. You will be replaced by someone who is willing to do your job for a 10th of the cost every single time. This has nothing to do with being a libritard or contrad. It has everything to do the understanding that you have strengths and weaknesses and i have strengths and weaknesses and if we work together we can get things accomplished to each others satisfaction. Yes this simple idea relies solely on the grounds that you pull your far share and i pull mine. Once one of us started to point out our own strengths whille focusing on the other's weaknesses things will fall apart

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I understand the point you are making about work verses a job on the basis you associate work with being physical not mental. I am guessing that you have always been a physical person so that is natural..............................

My original definition may have been slightly oversimplified, but it was done to illustrate the huge difference in work ethic between various demographics.

And actually the physical aspect is but a small portion of my job, As a Welder Fabricator / Real (old school manual) Machinist (not a CNC machine operator (who is not the guy who knows enough to write the program)) / Mechanic / Project Engineer; Everything I do is very well thought out and then implemented. I am a good team player when the rest of my team is there to help get whatever done (and not hinder, which seems to be the norm these days, with everyone glued to their smart phones rather than doing what they are being paid for).

While there is some merit in the rest of your rant. I'll let this go back to topic. Because we obviously disagree on many points and my opinions do not matter to you and I'm not going to change your mind. So be it.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I have been in a crane basket working two hundred feet in the air, working on a vessel, and even though the lever jockey (operator) has a non physical job I sure am glad he knows what the hell he's doing. :face-icon-small-hap
You won't get me up there anymore!!! :face-icon-small-con

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
On topic.
Trump is famous for, Your Fired! And of course they were fired for under performance.
Now recently Nordstroms fires his daughter for under performance and it's a whole different story. Tweeting and crying that they are unfair. Double standard?

Premium Features