• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 low speed belt chatter

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
My diamond drive when it was going out sounded more normal then boss secondary at low speeds. At least it made it 4000 miles before it went. The boss secondary didn't make it 4 miles before it started to go.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So this "normal" scraping is causing this scar to go deeper every ride. I'd say I have about 20 more rides till the reflection bolt wears through the steel plate.
IMG_20151207_155356_zpsf2z02wuj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
That cannot be good. Is that from the deflection adjustment bolt?

GS6

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes. I don't know why they did not go with a Tied type setup. The Tied secondary has opposing deflection adjusters that have pockets that they rest in on the inside. If you want to see what is happening, remove your clutch and pull the helix and spring out and manipulate it with your hands. You will see that the deflection adjuster hits first and then it gets cocked to one side until the belt travels down far enough to act as a stabilizing force between the sheaves.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have the same marks on my secondary. Have 125 miles on mine. My marks aren't as long as yours but it is digging in the same way.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The deflection bolt needs a derlin/plastic tip to slide on the steel plate.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I didn't think that plate could be replaced. Going to be spendy replacing everyone's secondaries. Hard to believe this wasn't noticed/caught during testing or with all the 16 demos being rode last spring...............

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
Or maybe the product changed some between testing and rollout? Helixes are different in some cases... Anything else??? Wyo has logged some good miles, let's see what his looks like. I would expect worse if these sleds have 150 miles on em compared to Wyo's. at any rate prob gonna be a warranty recall down the road for Ac.

Bru

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
anybody try putting in a second deflection stud and nut in the hole you use to spread the chiv open? this would help stabilize it at low speeds and reduce the about of pressure by half on the inner part. just have to mark the one your using for deflection and just take the slack out on the other. if you blow a belt just use a 4mm and take it out to put the spreader tool in. definitely not a fix but might buy some time.

Premium Features