• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 tm8 ????

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Since the " TM8 poll" thread was closed, I thought I would start a thread with ??? regarding 09 TM8.

I have an 09 BD PG TM8 and am considering putting a turbo on an HCR I have. The BD kit has worked very well. With that said, it would be nice to garner some info pertinent to the new M8s regarding boost, including other turbo systems.

I would like to hear from those, with 09 M8s, that are boosted. It would be nice if the thread stayed "clean". Only positive comments, please. Sure, if you have had issues it is good to know, but I don't see why we can not keep it civil.

I know some will say use the "search" feature. I have. Sure it was helpful. In my 02 it would be nice to have a specific thread dealing with the 09 M8 turbos, in this section.

Hopefully it can stay clean and we can all glean some info from it.

Sam

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Issues I seen last season on the m8 with boost
pg only one contoll box went south
rg one bov came apart, 1 crank seal was lost due to a piece of belt that got down there after blowing a belt and not removing all the pieces and one fuel pump that quit working. Also had some issues with the plugs to the controlbox to the injectors being loose ,zip tied them and no more problem, plugs wouldnt lock shut.
all of this was on the same sled but they were the only issues I had with over 25 m8 turbos the 09 was a blast I just got my 2010 YESTERDAY I cant weight to run it and see what happens.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
our shop sled last year was an 09 m8t with ovs turbo kit (66 aero charger turbo) c12 10-14lbs boost the thing was amazing ran awsome but we installed the dc voltage kit witch reintroduced the ccu from 07-08 to give us extra while runnin gages controller etc.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Just a head up, "weight" is spelled WAIT in your case. I hope your turbo’s run better than your grammer...
adam
FYI:

It's "heads up" not "head up" and it is "turbos" not "turbo's." Oh, and the real kicker.....it is "grammar" not "grammer." Apparently the grammar police needs to go back to school.

Last edited:
J

Jammmin

Dec 3, 2007
Puyallup
bart0678 got punked.
LOL

As for the thread.

What I have found, seen and personally experienced is to to make sure the install is done clean, not rushed, soder connections, run your wires and lines in a good route with protective sleves.

Last edited:
P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I dont know if I will run the stock head yet or not It will get cc test before I do.
Does anyone know the compression ratio and the squish on the 2010?

K

Klimbing Kitty

I believe you have to run the 09 head on a 2010. you need 12:1 on your compression is what I was told and this is what I was sent the other day about the difference between the 2010 and 09

Engineering uses the compression ration from the top of the exhaust port which is a 6.6:1 The 09' 800 was 6.4:1. If you use the full length of the stroke like most of the manufactures do it is 11.5:1 for the 09 and the H.O. which is pretty useless info because as long as the bore and stroke is the same then the ratio will be the same. The exhaust port timing and combustion chamber can alter that.

Scott Weinmann
Service Technical Coordinator for Cat

Hope it helps
KK

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0678
Just a head up, "weight" is spelled WAIT in your case. I hope your turbo’s run better than your grammer...
adam

FYI:

It's "heads up" not "head up" and it is "turbos" not "turbo's." Oh, and the real kicker.....it is "grammar" not "grammer." Apparently the grammar police needs to go back to school.
hahahahaha

failboat.jpg

R
Aug 30, 2008
Issues I seen last season on the m8 with boost
pg only one contoll box went south
rg one bov came apart, 1 crank seal was lost due to a piece of belt that got down there after blowing a belt and not removing all the pieces and one fuel pump that quit working. Also had some issues with the plugs to the controlbox to the injectors being loose ,zip tied them and no more problem, plugs wouldnt lock shut.
all of this was on the same sled but they were the only issues I had with over 25 m8 turbos the 09 was a blast I just got my 2010 YESTERDAY I cant weight to run it and see what happens.

I can't wait to see it run either!!! The new M8's are going to rock. I watched the Video with Chris Burant and the RTR Pump Gas turbo . It is amazing what you can do with those things.

As for me I will stick with my M7 Race gas. Hopefully it will keep up;)

Product Tester, Are you going to run a 1000T or 1200T this year? I may want to run it for comparison for my 1200T I'm building. Not to many comparable sleds here to see how it matches up.

Hope to see this new 2010 Twisted M8 Turbo Run.

Pray for snow everyone!!!

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
putski I dont have a 1000 or a 1200 but you should get a fair compairison from my dragon 8.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I can't wait to see it run either!!! The new M8's are going to rock. I watched the Video with Chris Burant and the RTR Pump Gas turbo . It is amazing what you can do with those things.

As for me I will stick with my M7 Race gas. Hopefully it will keep up;)

Product Tester, Are you going to run a 1000T or 1200T this year? I may want to run it for comparison for my 1200T I'm building. Not to many comparable sleds here to see how it matches up.

Hope to see this new 2010 Twisted M8 Turbo Run.

Pray for snow everyone!!!

What are the build specs on your T1200? Where are you located? We have a couple of T1200 here in GJ.

Sam

R
Aug 30, 2008
What are the build specs on your T1200? Where are you located? We have a couple of T1200 here in GJ.

Sam

Idaho. Will be riding in CO this year, hopefully. I don't know if I will have it completely done for this year. May ride it this spring as N/A. It will be on Boost next year for sure.

Would be curious to run to see how it compares.

R
Aug 30, 2008
putski I dont have a 1000 or a 1200 but you should get a fair compairison from my dragon 8.

Sweet. Is this the 800 that makes huge HP @ 4.5# boost?:D Just kidding.

I hear those dragons are wicked fast. This is hear say...but I heard that Garrs Personal TM8 running 14 # got beat pretty bad against a D800T @ 10#'s (it must have been the attitude box). So I think I may have some competition, that is, for my TM7.

I look forward to seeing you in UT this year. Or better yet, Come and ride WY with us.

Whats with the putski?

R
Aug 30, 2008
Sweet. Is this the 800 that makes huge HP @ 4.5# boost?:D Just kidding.

I hear those dragons are wicked fast. This is hear say...but I heard that Garrs Personal TM8 running 14 # got beat pretty bad against a D800T @ 10#'s (it must have been the attitude box). So I think I may have some competition, that is, for my TM7.

I look forward to seeing you in UT this year. Or better yet, Come and ride WY with us.

Whats with the putski?

What no Product Tester Rebuttle??:mad:

R
Aug 30, 2008
Putski, you like stirring the pot, don't you!! :D

Whats this Colorado crap, thought you was going to show me the top secret $hit in Idaho or Wyoming?? ;)

Still planning on going...I am just not sure if I should bring some friends or not. I'm afraid of getting ambushed by the Twisted Nations Army!!! They kind of remind me of the black panther organization...very intimidating.

As for stirring the pot, I just like to keep the Twisted Nation on their toes and see the different reactions my comments make. :rolleyes:

Look forward to running that Twisted D800T that Shain has. I still think my TM7 is going to be hard to beat... but we will see.:D

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I did not reply because I was busy cc ing my new hcr
the head is 13 to 1
the squish is 80 thou and is realy wide
the exaust port is at 204 (to high for turbo)
the transfers are at 124 witch is 2 up from last year. (just right)
so I put a 12 to 1 head with 100 thou squish and slapped the turbo on...
I think I will have to run this thing on the grass if it dont snow soon.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I am really looking forward to seeing the 2010 M8s with boost. As well as the 09 TM8s worked, if the 2010s work better, it is going to be a great year. With the lighter crank, low end performance should be even better.

Shain, get that TD8 and TM8 going so we can hear some feedback. What a great comparison this should be.

Sam

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I did not reply because I was busy cc ing my new hcr
the head is 13 to 1
the squish is 80 thou and is realy wide
the exaust port is at 204 (to high for turbo)
the transfers are at 124 witch is 2 up from last year. (just right)
so I put a 12 to 1 head with 100 thou squish and slapped the turbo on...
I think I will have to run this thing on the grass if it dont snow soon.

What effect is the higher exhaust port going to have?

Premium Features