• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 summit not reaching power when climbing

R
Oct 25, 2012
Hey everyone, Im prett new here and new to sledding in general. Just picked up a 2001 Summit 800 thats pretty well put together (Union Bay head, V force reeds, C-P pipes...blad blah blah) I was out thr other day riding it and getting used to it and it seems like it has a hard time getting on the pipe when climbing. I was only able to get about 5500 RPM when climbing some mildly steep hills. Runs pretty good and strong on the flats and will pull up to just under 8000 RPM. What should I be able to pull? A friend who knows that sled pretty well rode it and said it definitly seemed like it was lossing power somehow. What are some ideas and things I can look at? P.S. I am running race gas mix and I know that gas and mix rate are correct. Any help/tips appreciated,

R
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for the info so far. Just gettiung back to a couple of post. The pipes are CPI twin pipes. Belt is in great shape with no wear marks and the sled has a Heel Klicker clutch with a straight 40 helix.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
MAke sure the secondary spring has 1/3 rotation of preload when it was assembled and that the buttons and bushings are all good. If it wasn't preloaded it will act as you describe.

Premium Features