• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rave and Vforce reeds

S
Dec 28, 2008
Hey guys im doing a top end on my summit 700 and i had some questions about my rave valves. when i took them out they were absolutely covered in hard carbon and the bellows were full of oil, im wondering if this is what made my sled run so ****ty last season. Anybody know about these things? Next question, have any of you guys put the vforce 3 reed system in your summit 700, if so did you rejet? The instructions say to ride and check your plugs because you might not need to rejet but i want to have an idea of what sized jets to take with me on my first ride incase i need to rejet. Also im wodering if i need to make any clutching changes with the new reeds. Any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks

A
Jun 3, 2008
ontario
the rave valve definatley need to be resealed new gaskets & bellows but all you may notice if anything performance wise is it a little doggy if stuck open or maybe a little slower top end if stuck closed other then that they dont effect how the motor runs that much, as for the v-force i didn't rejet when i put mine in your not changing anything but how well the fuel mixes with the air & how quickly the engine gets air when on & off the throttle

Premium Features