• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowbike Nitrous Kits

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Thanks! Any issues with folks that run lights or warmers? Curious if any bikes you tested responded better to nitrous as well. I'm still shopping for a bike and if one did better it would be handy to know before purchasing.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We have run them on KTM's with the accessories as the large oem battery can handle the random draw spikes from the solenoid.

We would not recommend trying to wire up all of said accessories on a battery less bike as the stator just does not have the juice to feed it all without an upgrade stator.

As for specific bikes, we have tested it from an low reving torque monster 570 husaberg to high strung race 450's and honestly it is such a blast on all of them. It compliments the snowbike riding style more then the specific bikes.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The KTM/Husky 450 bikes seem to make accessory adds easier in general. The NOS is unbelievably easy to wire in, you can add the higher capacity Yuasa YTZ7S battery without any modification to the stock box, the lightbar from Cyclops is easy to add (and you can run it with the bike off which is very nice at night), e-start is very handy, etc.

The only bike on the market with more power is the 14/15 YZ450F and now the new 16 KTM 450 SXF beats it and weighs a lot less. Even in 14/15 the KTM still has the overrev advantage. Right now it's my favorite snowbike but I'm always open to riding a different color if the numbers pan out.

One number that doesn't pan out for KTM/Husky is the price... unfortunately.

W
Aug 23, 2013
What are the details on installing this kit on a 14' yz450? What battery comes with the kit? Where to mount the battery at? Will the stock stator have issues charging it?

Also, is this a pump gas setup or av/race gas?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have ridden a couple of their bikes with the nitrous kits installed. Definitely adds to the fun factor! My favorite part about it is grabbing that gear or two higher than you would normally not be able to pull and hanging on for the ride:face-icon-small-ton
It definitely opened up new lines for me!

Last edited:

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
What are the details on installing this kit on a 14' yz450? What battery comes with the kit? Where to mount the battery at? Will the stock stator have issues charging it?

Also, is this a pump gas setup or av/race gas?

Both killer questions!

The battery is a small little pack which is potted into a plastic case. Size is just under that of a deck of cards. It can easily be riveted or zip tied on in a number of locations. On the YZ we will recommend fastening it to the rear of the number plate as it works best with the wiring for the rest of the bikes, for Kawi.honda/suzuki mounting in the airbox under the seat works very well as there is ample room.

The stock stator has no issues charging it as there is so little actual draw from the N20 Setup over the course of a day of your bike running. So charging is not an issue.

We tested everything on pump 91 without issues, that being said, we will have an elevation/hp/fuel reccomendation chart up on the website shortly as for lower elevation guys slightly higher octane then pump will be required for the higher HP shots.

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
So, how much for a 2nd bottle? My gas supplier only comes up once a week and is 75 miles away. Thinking I need 2.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
So, how much for a 2nd bottle? My gas supplier only comes up once a week and is 75 miles away. Thinking I need 2.

I was actually thinking 3!:face-icon-small-ton
My KTM has a battery do I still need the little one?

Last edited:

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I was actually thinking 3!:face-icon-small-ton
My KTM has a battery do I still need the little one?
Adding a dropdown to nitrous order form for as we speak!

If you order them with your kit initially they will be $155 per bottle. Separately they will run you $175

Only bikes needing a battery (Japanese bikes) will come with them.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Someone (like you guys) might as well steal my idea of mounting it to the muffler to keep it warm and mass produce something for that. works great, and keeps the weight tucked in tight.

anyone running it on a 2-stroke. maaaaybe have a look at what your piston clearance is before you throw a big shot at it. In retrospect i found that mine is real tight at 3 thousandths. probably fairly standard for a bike though as they don't get held wide open.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Anybody else have personal experience running nitrous on their snowbike? Would like to hear more about the good & bad. Thanks. These look tempting but the cost is pretty steep.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
How much is it if I already have the dobeck tuner

me to ???I have a gen 4 on my KX

Unfortunately guys, our controller setup for nitrous has some extra hardware built into it to add saftey features. So although you have one, it is not compatible with the nitrous kits.

On a good note. Gen 4 kits for snowbikes only come in 2 variations. Austrian bikes (KTM/BERG/HUSKY) and Japanese bikes, Yam,Kaw,Suz,Hon. So if you need to sell yours, it fits a LARGE swath of bikes.

As for the promo code, anyone can use it, and for those who have pre-ordered we will still honor it. Just give us a call.

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
Thanks. that's very stand-up of you. Looking forward to the button. Any tips on how to place it for good ergos?

Premium Features