• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow conditions west of Pinedale - NEED UPDATE!

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
Coming out a week from today. Sherman parking lot to blind bull warming house. Left Alpine when the rains and avalanches came.
How are conditions now?
Sounds like it's going to be snowing off and on for the next week or so.
Please any update would be helpful!!!

Thank you for any new news on conditions!

D

dgfreeride

Nov 6, 2011
We are here now conditions are terrible. Snow in forecast , don't come if it doesn't happen

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I didn't even bother going out to ride today, there hasn't been any new snow for over a week.

I did go skiing today however and I don't think I would have had any fun on the sled, I'll put it that way.

D

dgfreeride

Nov 6, 2011
We rode yesterday only because it's a 16 hour drive! They did get a few inches above 9000ft. I would not come out unless they get a good shot of snow. The storms coming in from the west could do it, keep watching. I will be here until Wednesday, I will try to keep you updated

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
Thank you! Please keep me posted!

I really want to ride one more time.
Thank you for the future updates. Please post something before you leave town, daily would be great.
Thanks again!

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Thinking about leaving the snowies to go north for better snow how's it been around pinedale lately is it worth dragging up and driving up there?

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Rained up there the end of last week. The snow was **** everywhere east of Alpine, besides above 8500'.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah I wouldn't waste my time with it this week for sure.

Its been 40+ degrees in town but cold int he mornings so the snow has been pure sled overheating concrete.

Basically it won't be good until it either snows more or warms up even more to keep whats there soft during the melt.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Any updates?

I know the weather's supposed to change this weekend, calling for snow.

Heading up to Jackson for 4 days for Hillclimb trying to figure out if it's worth bringing sleds. Pinedale and or Togwotee? Driving from Colorado 400 miles.

Way faster driving car and better ride and MPG's than the truck if snows not worth it.

Thanks,Pete

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I'm bringing my sleds, plenty of fun places to check out even if snow is less than ideal. I'm also bringing my snowboards in case it really sucks though lol.

Premium Features