• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamadoo Reloaded

D
Jan 9, 2008
It is hard to show in pictures. I am going to have to move the bumper in as well. I will show what I did when I get to it.
You have gone this far why not just put it into REV plastics? Much sleeker look, and it would most definately be a huge sleeper as long as its not running!! Awesome build thanks for sharing!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
How's it coming?

LOL. . . as soon as I finish this house remodel. . . work on a couple customers sleds I will be on the yamadoo again. Since I started the project I have sold my 1100 turbo and bought a Summit XM. That being said a couple aspects of the project are changing. I am going to do this sled in a 144 and wide front suspension. The XM is not a trail machine with the narrow front so I want something that I can go up north with.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Low and behold. . . the engine is assembled. In the past I would spend what was ever needed to finish a project but this one has only come as time and cash allow. Looks like it will get done in a few weeks.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So will I was told that rev plastics come nowhere close to fitting I found that to be not true. Moved the toe loops forword. And changed a couple other little things. Will have to make a new belt guard too. The yamadoo is a little closer to being done. Also made a new shorter input shaft into the supercharger which allows for the super to be mounted much cleaner and the charge tube to be straighter.

I am once again more excited about the sled now that I have gotten rid of the rt plastics and actually moved my foot position forward a few inches.

Dec 21, 2008
This thing looks awesome. I thought the rev panels would be way shorter than that.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
They are a lot smaller the angle where your knee hits the panel iis much different for the better. Plus it doesn't feel like your sitting a pregnant made anymore. Not sure wwhawhat skidskidoo was thinking when they designed the rt body panels.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So here are the specs on my hybrid engine.

Yamaha Vector Block
-FX nytro crank and oil pump
-Wiseco 9.5:1 Pistons
-Counterbalance weights removed
-Forced Induction Specifc Cam Timing

The goal is to make an engine that revs very quickly, the fx nytro crank is significantly lighter than the vector and the balance weights are a fair amount of mass to spin up as well. This coupled with the supercharger should allow the engine to rev very quickly and with much force.
Also the cam timing and low compression pistons should create an engine that makes great power without needing expense race fuel.

The Supercharger is pullied for max rpm that can be ran through it. I am guessing it will be 11-12 lbs of boost low Elevation but should be able to high octane pump gas at that level.

I am waiting on a few things and they final assembly will start.

The sled is going to start out as a 162 and we will see what kindof power it has. I would like to be able to trail ride it some so I may end up cutting it down to a 144 if the 162 feels pushy.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Here is a part I built today. It is not pretty but will fill the function I believe. This piece will link the front motor mounts. Currently there is a small amount of flex to the side plates from the rubber mounts. Normally this would not be an issue but I am using the mootor mount volt to brace the supercharger and it cannot be flexing. This should eliminate any flex and link the two front mounts and create a rigid point between the mounts at the front of them.

This is something I was able to not have in yamadoo version 1 because the bulkhead area was shorter and I was able to run a rigid shaft between the plates close to the mounting locations. Eventually I would like to make this part out of either aluminum or titanium but right now it maybe weighs only a lb. Also a nicer bend when I get access to a pipe bender will produce a stronger and nicer part.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So. . . . Here we are again. this is the 3rd fall I have been working on this sled. Obviously I have other priorities. Either way I have finished up almost all the mechanical aspects of this build and I am ready to tear everything apart and do my final installation. Also I shortened the track to 144 and I also put a wide front suspension back on this sled. I am looking forward to having this be a great trail/ditchbanging sled here in MN.

I managed to fit the exhaust and the oil tank all on the side of the sled. Even on the trails I want to keep the weight back. It is actually funny how well the 4 stroke fits in this chassis.

Premium Features