• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Install on Conventional Forks?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
7c03a9c891b3da2bab4d4e7056e9627b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here are a couple more from my setup.
Too much damage to the thinwall yamaha USD stations, installed conventional legs off a 750 tenere

Care to elaborate on the modifications to those Timbersled kits?

Looks like moving the drivers down and forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

C
Dec 12, 2010
Andorra
There's enough evidence floating around the 'net pointing towards relatively thin stantions on the yamaha 450/250 series compared to other manufacturers.
Things may have changed since the 2012 with the new WR series (now superseded
Sadly my 07's suffered the same fate as many others. Over a season, the bottom of the stations ended up heavily dented where they interface w/spindle.
Bought a couple more forks and they all went bad too. Although the upgraded version has some plastic and apparently more stantion-friendly, I went mad max style. Totally bomb proof, the conventional fork setup has been awesomely reliable. Had enough fists tearing off in the mountain! Hit me up if you want more info. Cheers

Last edited:
C
Dec 12, 2010
Andorra
Care to elaborate on the modifications to those Timbersled kits?

Looks like moving the drivers down and forward?

Side panel template from 2014 superimposed on mine indicated timbersled moved the drivers up and forwards about an inch or so.
I am pretty sure deep snow performance increased. Driver geometry was the only performance related element except tss/shocks between gen 2 and 3 standard timbersled (non sx version)

Premium Features