• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled traverse ski new rubber bumper part number

S

SnoWest007

Jan 12, 2019
Does anyone have the part number for the Timbersled traverse ski new rubber bumper. It is supposed to change the angle of the ski and is supposed to be compatible with the older skis as well.

A
Jan 18, 2018
I did a search on the timbersled website and it said completely out of stock, including out of stock at all dealers?

Anyone have some of these available?

I'd like to try one instead of just ramming more shims under the back of my old rubber buggy bumper.

R
Dec 29, 2014
Polaris updated availability to 03/25/2024. Assuming you're in the USA, as of now, there is a dealer showing 2 available (SWITCHBACK MOTORSPORTS, POCATELLO). I also saw a post by TheRacinStation.com (Idaho) that said they have some coming in.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
This is the new ski rubber, just picked up a couple from my dealer in Calgary

A
Jan 18, 2018
Just got mine installed this weekend, here's a few pics. First pic shows new one on the left, old one, and then the shim that I was using underneath the rubber to tighten up the back of it. Second one you can see the increased angle in the back that helps bias the ski up a bit at the tip.

***Note*** these fit tighter than the old ones. Used to be just the weight of the bike would settle the rubber enough you could get the bolt through. That is not the case with the new rubber. If I'd had a shop press, it would have been easy to put a little pressure on it to get the bolt through, but I had to redneck engineer it a bit using a floor jack and the back of a trailer. Only reason to mention is I am going to remember that this is not a bolt that could be removed/replaced trailside if a weird repair was ever needed.

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
The new rubber is way too nose high. The ski fish tails on the back and has less control. Photos above show where to grind down the new rubber about 1/4 inch to lower the nose and improve handling in all conditions. Once completed the new rubber has a firmer feel compared to the old but without losing handling characteristics.

E
Dec 19, 2007
For sure grind and mod your rubbers as needed but remember it will depend on the back of the bike height as well. Anyone with a lower adjustable strut or a soft tss pressure will probably need to grind even more off the back side.

Premium Features