• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Tension with exo drivers

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I just installed a 16"in wide 2.25x151 track in my 2002 Summit Highmark X. I have exo drivers and 8in big wheel kit. I know that I can run the track a lot looser then I could before I had exos I just need to know how loose. I have it very loose right now and just want to know if someone has a measurment that I can use to know if I am alright or not. I know that now it kind of howels when I get a lot of track speed so maybe it is too loose and rubbing. Just a little help and knowledge would be great thanks

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
holy :censored: didnt know you could fit that track under an zx. and i run it decently loose with mine. i have bassically the same track on my rev. when its elevated i have it hang down around 2 inches i believe. what happens when its too loose is the track baloons. that means it actually can try to bend it right after the drivers and it decreases power and makes a vibrating noise. i have guys tell me people always think because they have extroverts they can run it all the loose they want. but really they just help keep the track from slippng and make it so you can get it just loose enough to make it glide easier.

C

Concrete Mike

Dec 11, 2008
Cranbrook
Don't run it totaly loose.Mine was supper loose and when coming down steep
good traction hills the track would run over the drivers with heavy braking.

Premium Features