• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help cat m7 egt reading different

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
i went to sink the carbs and the clutch side carb is not sucking air through the carb and i dont know why the outher carb will max the gage out at idle and the clutch side will not move the gage. i replaced the reed gaskets and checked the rest of everthing for air leaks dont know what can cause this and manual not healping. dont want to ask my dealer because this is my 6th motor and they built every one so far and they said they fixed the problem every time so never again. sorry to vent but it took me about 6 hours and i found what i would call a big problem. any help would be great pleaseor if you know somboudy that could help please tell open for all help.

Did you burn down six times? Did you have some other type of problem? With the descriptions you are recently giving, I wonder if your crank seal is (really) bad? If I remember you were down on compression just a little so that should rule out the piston. Obviously you checked the reeds while you check the reed gaskets. Aside of a gaping hole in the crankcase or.....did you check the pulse line to the fuel pump? I don't know which side it comes from?? Wow kind of a stumper????????

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Put the factory pipe back on and check the temps, twins are very tough to get even. Have you tried staggering the jets yet?

R
Dec 1, 2007
billings mt
i am going to put the stock reeds back in and see if it still will not pull air through the clutch side carb.

so i put the egts on to watch the temps and now the one carb is like it is not working.

i will stager the jets if i have to but i need to now why it is not pulling air through the carb.

does anybody now any thing about timing on the sled and if that can do this

yes i burnt this thing down 6 times sence 07 i bought two of the exact same sleds in 06 and i modded out one and left the outher one stock for my freinds to ride well my my sled i got running perfect and then it hit a rock and got totaled and my second sled never ran right so i tore it down and modded it to the exact same as my 1st sled and sence 07 i have road a total of 14 miles and i have went up 6 jet sizes i did not even put it together last year just discuraged so i am know and it is not leiving my house tell it will run more then 3 milles.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
what compression head are you running that you had 147psi. I had a o6 m7, carb, with twins and 15.6/1 rkt head, reeds and i was only around 125psi cold. Do you have any deto on the side that is running hotter?

R
Dec 1, 2007
billings mt
got it i think

i am runing the highest one you can get from rktec it was special made for the old cat dealer her and when they went under i bought it they said it was a demo head i think it is 16-1 but i dont now i am at 3000 ft but you got to rember that every compresion gage reads diffrent and i run ave gas stright so i dont have any deto.

i had a freind come over on sunday that builds hill climb bikes for a living and he got my carbs dilled in. it was all in my carbs he said that the cabbs are a little off and it makes a world of diffrence it will make one carb pull more air and one pull none at idel and it shoes how much of a pain it is it took 4 hr but it sounds better then it ever has and has more responce.

on my egt i am runing 5 to 10 degres different at idel and 100 at wide open on a hard pull he said it is close enough to take to the mountain and run and tune. he said that by moving the nidle one clip it should run the same but the piston wash and plugs looked good so he said to leave it and head up and just spend a day tuneing it in.

so the sled is put up tell next year and i hope it is a good one just one day of tuning.

thank you all for the help much appriciated thanks and have a good summer.

Premium Features