• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help figuring out some substance found on skid plate

F
Feb 18, 2009
Saint Cloud, MN
Well I got to tearing off my a-arms last night, and thanks to cats wonderful design I had to pull off the skid plate and air box to do so. I found some liquid like substance on the skid plate (left side of the sled) and around the opening to the airbox (airbox to motor side). It doesn't smell, and feels oily...I'm thinking it's DD fluid. Sled has only 300 miles on it, so i'm hoping it's not the DD leaking. Any input would be great, thanks in advance.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
If it don't smell it ain't dd fluid.

Is it milky colored? What color is it?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
OIL Spill or Seepage

Its not DD oil you will find DD oil behind clutch if it leaks. I would guess that its either from filling oil bottle or sometimes when sleds sit in the heat the APV oil seeps and will puddle in air box. I think most all cats due this because when you get them out of storage they always seam to smoke a lot witch is a good thing as like a oil fogging of the engine.

M
Nov 26, 2007
I am betting its just 2 stroke oil that has leaked out of the seal between the airbox and the throttle bodies.

It's a trait of 2 strokes....

Like said above, if it doesn't smell it is not DD fluid....Besides I can't believe that after the sled sits the DD fluid would run up-hill to the airbox...

Since you allready have it all taken apart...
What year is it? If its an 09 you should order the lower a-arm support (dogbone) of off a 07 or 08....they are around $3-5. It ties the two lower a-arm bolts toghter. So if-when you hit shomething it does tear the front lower a-arm bolt threw the bulkhead.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hmmm...a sticky substance...well just maybe you have a sled that exictes your fellow male sledders...dont touch it...don;t smell it...don;t taste it.....DONATE IT...

F
Feb 18, 2009
Saint Cloud, MN
I am betting its just 2 stroke oil that has leaked out of the seal between the airbox and the throttle bodies.

It's a trait of 2 strokes....

Like said above, if it doesn't smell it is not DD fluid....Besides I can believe that after the sled sits the DD fluid it leak, and run up-hill to the airbox...

Since you allready have it all taken apart...
What year is it? If its an 09 you should order the lower a-arm support (dogbone) of off a 07 or 08....they are around $3-5. It ties the two lower a-arm bolts toghter. So if-when you hit shomething it does tear the front lower a-arm bolt threw the bulkhead.

It's a 2008...so all set there.

Premium Features