• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 warranty details

2blade

Sep 5, 2008
Are there mileage limitations on the warranty for the snowcheck 2 or 4 year warranty?

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I talk to the dealer and he could not give me the details to the warranty....
Does anyone know where you can get a written copy of the details to these
warranties?
The 4 year? The two year power train?

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
I was told the two year power train only covers the bottom end of the engine and NOT the top end.

I would also like to see the details in print of the two warranty options

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Here is how it was explained to me...

4 year warranty is first year complete bumber to bumper coverage and no deductible. Remaining 3 years is bumper to bumper coverage with a $50 deductible each time it is in. Normal wear items will probably not be covered.

2 year warranty is actually the first year is bumper to bumper coverage and no deductible and second year is covering the motor and clutch. Probably deductible here on second year also.

Anybody else know if that is right???

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
don't be fooled by 4 year warranty!

You can rest easy knowing they will decline the claim regardless of the number of miles on the machine.
i don't know if anything has changed, or if us and canadian warranty differs but... in 2007 i snowchecked a switchback with 4 year bumper to bumper and the first year was through polaris and the rest through general electric. i lost a thermostat 13 months 700 miles after purchase and this WAS NOT covered, i asked for a list of not covered items... in short it was easier to tell what was covered, 4 year warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on, hope this helps, good luck:face-icon-small-win

Dec 15, 2008
I was told bumper to bumper on my 2008 for 3 years too but the dealer was misinformed. It was the one year factory and 2 more of the GE warranty with the $50 deductible that is definitely not bumper to bumper. Maybe the new one is different but make sure you know what you're getting before you sign papers!

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
OK, I would think long and hard about this.
First the warranty should be included with each sled no questions asked. This shouldn't be an option you buy or have to decide on or be used as a barganing tool. It seems like one of those deals when you buy a new TV and they ask if you want the extended coverage. They have proven time and again that is just a scam.
Secondly, in 2-4 years you can seriously tell me than none of you will add a pipe or a Power Commander voiding the warranty anyway. How many people had to add these items in the last couple years just to make their sleds run right and be reliable? Are you really that confident that Polaris has this figured out? They are now on their 3rd version of the same motor. :face-icon-small-dis
Remember, Polaris has denied warranty just for rerouting your cables. They are betting you will take the 4 year and then void it anyway. Leaving themselves free and clear with more money in their pockets.
Lastly, there have been those that have utilized the Polaris warranty for the last 3 years. And in those last 3 years Polaris could not get the sleds to perform correctly. So, what do you do then? Warranty can also = an awful lot of down time. We saw Polaris run out of parts a few times in the last 3 years. This left people with nothing to ride when an aftermarket part could have fixed it. Something to think about.
I'm just saying that you should weigh out your options and be honest with yourselves on what the best options really are.
Just my .005 cents. Dang economy. :face-icon-small-win

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
OK, I would think long and hard about this.
First the warranty should be included with each sled no questions asked. This shouldn't be an option you buy or have to decide on or be used as a barganing tool. It seems like one of those deals when you buy a new TV and they ask if you want the extended coverage. They have proven time and again that is just a scam.
Secondly, in 2-4 years you can seriously tell me than none of you will add a pipe or a Power Commander voiding the warranty anyway. How many people had to add these items in the last couple years just to make their sleds run right and be reliable? Are you really that confident that Polaris has this figured out? They are now on their 3rd version of the same motor. :face-icon-small-dis
Remember, Polaris has denied warranty just for rerouting your cables. They are betting you will take the 4 year and then void it anyway. Leaving themselves free and clear with more money in their pockets.
Lastly, there have been those that have utilized the Polaris warranty for the last 3 years. And in those last 3 years Polaris could not get the sleds to perform correctly. So, what do you do then? Warranty can also = an awful lot of down time. We saw Polaris run out of parts a few times in the last 3 years. This left people with nothing to ride when an aftermarket part could have fixed it. Something to think about.
I'm just saying that you should weigh out your options and be honest with yourselves on what the best options really are.
Just my .005 cents. Dang economy. :face-icon-small-win

Yup, this is the exact reasoning I went with the 2 year 700 bucks in acc. money. I know I won't be able to help myself to do a few mods to make it faster/better than all my friends that snochecked the pro this year. I swear all of my riding buddies have snochecked the 11' pro! Talk about boring if every sled is the same!

Premium Features