• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 727 problems

E
Jul 25, 2013
Alright, so I bought a sled with a 600 ves motor that's built into a slp 727, when I got it it wouldn't idle worth a damn and had no bottem end power, found out it had bad crank seals. I tore it down, replaced crank seals, cleaned and re seAled the cases and rejected the carbs since someone tried to bandaid the lean condition with huge pilot jets. I then got it running and same thing, runs terrible, wide open it screams but won't idle at all and loads up and dies, if you pull the choke out halfway it will idle and run better but still boggy on the bottom to mid. I then found the case halves were sucking air so I re split the cases, re sealed, let the three bond cure for 3 days, then put together and same exact problem, I then swapped fuel pumps and noticed that the fuel pump seems to lose prime while running, when revving up a bunch of bubbles appear in the inlet side fuel like at the pump and then the fuel falls back to the tank for a few seconds then catches back up again. I'm at a loss, I'm ready to sell that 727 and buy a dragon 700 and convert it to carbs if I can't get this figured out, anyone experience this before?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
3 Bond only needs to be tacky, and must have been applied to both mating surfaces. That tackiness only takes about 1/2 hour of open air curing. 3 days of cure before sealing probably didn't seal the case at all. The fuel pump runs off of suction from the crankcase. If you have no seal in the crankcase, then you have no suction being applied to the fuel pump. Fuel pumps have a nickel sized diaphragm inside of them, that requires flipping over every couple thousand miles. You need the smooth side of the diaphragm to contact the metal. That diaphragm gets rough and causes the fuel pump to not suck fuel very well, from the gas tank. The number of rope pulls tells you whether you need to fix the fuel pump diaphragm. Any more than 6 pulls for a cold start, and it is time to fix it.

Premium Features