• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I should probably know the answer to this but..
Are the piggyback shocks from my '15 transferrable to the Axys?
IE if I wanted to hand down the 15 to my son, could I save $500 and swap shocks over?

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
IE if I wanted to hand down the 15 to my son, could I save $500 and swap shocks over?

Rear skid and front suspension both different geometry so I doubt either will.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Was hoping for a FOX Edition, but otherwise very very happy they are finally offering a painted tunnel and spindles don't know why the A arms got missed...

That's next year, that have to hold somthing back!! ha ha :face-icon-small-hap

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
haha

The Poo marketing team is gettin good at holding on to us for another year....

They must be experts....???

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Wow. I really like what I see. This looks like an awesome sled and can't believe all the negative comments. I would consider buying one even though my main sled is a SR Viper. It looks like polaris did their homework on this sled. Colors are great. I like the narrow body and front clearance. I think we have skidoo to thank for pushing the 3 inch paddle. Everyone followed. These new sleds are getting better and better.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Never thought i would say this, but arctic cat is actually the only one i would go to in 2016. I am more in the crossover category, but for those who are in the deep and steep you will probably have one sick polaris to rock on. I wont buy an "old" switchback assault for that amount of money. If i buy something new, i want something NEW. Other then that, nice lineup.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If the biggest complaint is colors then it seems Polaris did just fine.

I too was hoping for a Fox Evol R edition (what happened to the Terrain Domination model?). I was on the fence with the 3" track, but the fact that it requires the chain case means I'll be doing a 155" or 163" 2.6. I just don't know that I can spend the money on upgraded WE shocks when I'd rather spend the money on Fox Evol R's or Exit's again.

As far as I'm concerned, Polaris delivered. New motor backed by 4 year warranty, chassis changes, sweet track options, a bunch of storage options, sweet colors and the painted tunnel that everyone wanted so badly. LED lighting and the list goes on and on.

Now let's compare this release to Ski-Doo, AC and Yamaha. Hmmmmm...

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

The front shocks and front track shock from the Pro RMK will interchange with the Axys RMK, the rear track shock is the only one that will not.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
The front shocks and front track shock from the Pro RMK will interchange with the Axys RMK, the rear track shock is the only one that will not.

Oh really? Well that saves a guy $500 then lol.. beauty! :face-icon-small-hap

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Ya what's up with the chain case and the 3".?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Ya what's up with the chain case and the 3".?

I guess they will figure it out ( Polaris) in 2017- sure turned me sour as the QD was the wave of the future -- for just one year....:face-icon-small-con LAST YEAR.
A drop and roll might have been a good option...

So how much weight did we gain back if a guy went to the 3" track option and chain case?????

S/C

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I guess they will figure it out ( Polaris) in 2017- sure turned me sour as the QD was the wave of the future -- for just one year....:face-icon-small-con LAST YEAR.
A drop and roll might have been a good option...

So how much weight did we gain back if a guy went to the 3" track option and chain case?????

S/C

I don't think they abandon the QD system. But they do mention that they wanted a lower gear for the 3" track which isn't available in the QD system. Still it doesn't sit well with me. I'd think they would have done a special gear for the 3" sleds. Very strange.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
From the spec sheet Scott posted it showed 13 lbs different between the 163" x 3" and the 163" x 2.6".

I'm pleased with the new sleds. Come on, 408 pounds on a factory mountain sled! Almost as many track options as you can handle. An improved pro chassis (that's hard to believe). New motor that we have been begging for (which is funny because my stock 14 has been great). Maybe the graphics are the only let down.

Other brands.... Skidoo did the expected. They needed to recoop the R&D they have in the T3. Yamaha is still trying the AC thing. AC finally built the sled they should have in 2012 that would have kept a lot of us on cats.

Can't wait to see all the 2016s on they snow. Actually can't wait to just get out and ride my out-dated sled!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Polaris just want to say this is best snow check release ever! So many options, great job can't wait to get my new Axys Pro Rmk next fall..

Premium Features