• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS vs DOO Comparison

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Ride them both and decide. Don't take anyone's word for it. I have an axys and got my wife an 850. Never rode the 850 so don't know. The axys is awesome.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
All 3 are very good sleds in our area the polaris dealer is by far the best. If you have issues they lend you a sled tell your ride is fixed. Or they take parts off a floor mode sled to get you going. The cat and doo. Never even think of that and yoy are out a sled for weeks. A good deal goes a long way. Most of use can't our ride the potential of the sled, so price and dealer come into play. I ride a axys because how skinny it is between my knees. ( bad knees). Others I ride with have bad shoulders and like how the doo bars move. Compared to poo and cat. Ride them all...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
What sled do you guys feel will stay on the snow better, and not trench?

Cant decide whether to get ski doo 850 163 3.0 or axys 155 2.6?

You asked which one will "stay" on the snow better. That speaks "flotation" to me. Trenching is another subject.

There is no question a 16" wide 165 x 3" will have more flotation than a 15" wide 155 2.6". Maybe ride a the Axys 163 x 3" and the Doo 165 x 3" back to back on the same day, in the same snow . . .then you can make an educated decision on what sled YOU like best, and what fits YOUR riding style. They say a 155" is more "playful" than a longer track sled. The jury is still out on that one.

Either way . .as long as you are out there playing, it really doesn't matter what sled you ride :) Finding a great DEALER is probably the most important thing.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
What sled do you guys feel will stay on the snow better, and not trench?

Cant decide whether to get ski doo 850 163 3.0 or axys 155 2.6?

Coming off a Pro-Ride I was very disappointed how bad my AXYS would trench. As the snow stiffened up and the track softened up through the season along with suspension adjustments it got way better. My point is don't judge too quickly with one ride in early snow.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i am surprised how reliable these new skidoo's are since hardly any have hit the snow , also how everyone is so sure 50cc's will get you 10hp over the most finely tuned 800 doo has every had ,

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
i am surprised how reliable these new skidoo's are since hardly any have hit the snow , also how everyone is so sure 50cc's will get you 10hp over the most finely tuned 800 doo has every had ,

What do you mean??? the keyboard jockeys and the virtual riders, along with the Dave Neurotic "backcountry expert" followers have had them on the snow for months. Heck, they can even ride all summer this way. It has been proven that the new engine - even with a turbo- can last thousands of miles with no issues at all. Oh...ya ya ya . .. its the best sled on the snow. I read it on the internet, so its gotta be true . . .right ???? Hahahaha!!

In all seriousness . ..i do hope it is everything the doo guys hope it will be. I know my AXYS was :)

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
What do you mean??? the keyboard jockeys and the virtual riders, along with the Chris Burandt "backcountry expert" followers have had them on the snow for months. Heck, they can even ride all summer this way. It has been proven that the new engine - even with a turbo- can last thousands of miles with no issues at all. Oh...ya ya ya . .. its the best sled on the snow. I read it on the internet, so its gotta be true . . .right ???? Hahahaha!!

Sounds a lot like when the axys came out.....

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
very few sleds live up the hype my zrt600 did for a while my 900 1m sure did also my 11 and 13 pros definitely did. but i remember when doo came out with the 08 xp it had issues to say the least , so did my 09 m1000 but not as many. we will see how this new sled does. if it was just a simple formula every vehicle ever produced would be the best thing ever.

Premium Features