• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Crank Causes???

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
K

Klimbing Kitty

Last year my brother and I broke our cranks. We were both riding 2007 m1000's with slp pipes, cans, BD boxes. Now I have sold mne and bought an 09 and my brother has bought an 08 but we can't afford to have it happen again. Can anyone please tell me the cause and what can be done to avoid this, or is it possible that we both just had cranks with flaws? As well, when they let go we were riding in about a foot and a 1/2 of fresh pow. Any advise appreciated!:confused::confused::confused:

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Some of the four tower clutches were very unbalanced and took some of the cranks. Thats a big part of the reason they dropped them and went back to the three tower.

we had one 07 M1000 break the crank the first year but it looked like material failure, bad casting, and he got a new crank on the warranty.

the cranks on the 1000cc are quite badly balanced from AC and alot of our 1000cc's have cranks out of balance causing belt failures etc, and one brand new, was out of balance, right out of the box... :confused:

Premium Features