• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Zero 1.5 QS3-R vs Float 3 QS3-R

R

Rukus

Jul 6, 2009
I can't decide for which of tese to I Will buy.
Does som have experiences?
Thinking puting them inn front.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My 2¢

I've had excellent results with both the spring and the air.

My preference is for the air. More adjustability.
They are 'set it and forget it' for me unless I WANT to fine-tune... and then it is available for me...even with wide temp swings.
Lots of winning snowcross teams pounding the floats as well.

One of the arguments is that the springs will not collapse. I've never had a float collapse on me in the last 12 years of running Floats on many diff sleds.

A lot of people base their preferences off of "Air experiences" from 15 years ago... a lot has changed since then (just look at our sleds to see that).

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Shocks

Have the 1.5 very good so far, never had much luck with floats. The front end seem to be very planted and predictable.

C271CFA1-7635-44DF-9029-64236473F41F.jpg

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I have always ran floats and have had very good luck with all of them except 1 shock. I haven’t ever ran the QS3 but I have always ran evol r floats(since 2010). The one bad shock I had would lose air over the period of 2 months. Fox did warranty this shock in the off season. Anything is a step up over the factory shock.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Just get away from Fox all together. They are a marketing mogul that makes money on their logo IMO. I have fresh Exit X1's on my sled and they are amazing. If it were my money, it would go to Zbroz Exit's or Raptors.

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
You can get pretty good results with Air shocks , but at the end of it all I went back to springs for best shock performance. It is just way more consistent with springs.

We have seen the same on Dirt bike forks they all messed around with air for some Years with some decent results , but spring forks are still the gold standard almost all oems have gone back to springs.

R
Nov 26, 2007
I have run them all: Fox, Z-Broz, Elka, Walker, etc. For me, the air sprung QRS-3's are the best front shock I have ever put on a sled.

I also ride moto and the small chop that is (in my opinion) best handled by non-air forks just isn't part of the equation on a sled as: 1. Snow provides a lot of that compliance on it's own; and 2. Tracking isn't really an issue on sleds. So, what I look for is quick adjustability, big-hit management, weight, and edgability. Air wins on all fronts.

Rear suspension is a different animal and, for reference, I currently have a '17 and '18 154" 850 where the '17 gets the high-end Z-Broz out back and the '18 gets the Raptor Ace. I have had nothing but poor experiences with years of Tom's/Fox air in the back.

Premium Features