• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrow bars for the old lady

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
As the top says, looking to change the old lady's bars with narrower ones. Looking for options, seeing what people have done.

I like the skinz bars with the built in riser, be nice to de-clutter the riser and clamp set-up.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
sawzall.

Seriously, narrow bars are easy, just cut them down.

FYI, if you swap, I've found that moto bars have a wider "riser" portion, so you're forced to tun them wider than stock.

If you want to narrow stock bars significantly, you can relocate the controls, get a racer throttle block, and you'll be able to go WAY in. With the stock throttle you can go a little narrower, then you can hog out the inside of the block to allow for the downcurve... then you have to stop.

on a cat, for narrow I feel the stock bars are best.

If you needed to go narrower & weren't willing to do a racer block, a pair of straight bars would allow for more yet, but now you've got a system with ZERO give (like the mentally challenged engineers gave the 2012) which will cause issues of it's own.

Premium Features