• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

top end rebuild

Nov 30, 2007
Redmond, Oregon
I'm trying to save money on my top end rebuild. I have all the parts to do it myself but have never done one. My question is should I have a professional do it or is it easy enough to tackle on my own?
Also any tips or advice on doing one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Modmxz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lyle, Washington
teamhighmark.acnrep.com
If you are at all mechanically inclined a top end is no problem. One tip is to make sure that before you take the pistons off of the connecting rod, you tape up the bottom end and all ports really well so that you don't lose a wrist pin bearing into the crankcase. The stock skidoo wristpin bearings are not caged and will come all apart when you take the wrist pin out. I would suggest putting caged wrist pin bearings in. Whole lot easier and much less worry. Also, make sure you get a manual so that you can retorque everything to spec. Good luck

Modmxz

Nov 30, 2007
Redmond, Oregon
Just finished my topend rebuild. Decided to save money and do it myself(fingers crossed). Anyway six hours later it fired on the first pull and sounded flawless. Now I just need some seat time so help me with a snow dance guys. Again thanks to the guys who gave me advice, it was very helpful.

P
Feb 9, 2008
how is that seat time coming along im thinking of doing the same to my o4 rev 800 just wongering if u got new bearing in the bottom end or not

Premium Features