• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Install Tips

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
I think it can go on either way. Mine came off with the team logo on the x and I put the new helix on with the team logo towards the x. Got mine fired up a few minutes ago, sounds about the same as when I had a mbrp can on it. Suppose to leave tonight for the snowies but one guy had some BS come up so now we wont leave until Sat night or Sun morning. My boost gauge reads vac pressure on the stand. Reved it up some but still reads like minus 4 psi I am at 900 ft here so I only have the control knob turned out 3 turns. Do we need to bleed the coolant system? If so how do we do it. On the ski doo we just jacked up the front end and ran it through a few heat cycles.

Just wonder about the sound ,,is it much louder than stock,,,would my neighbours be upset if I pulled into the garge at 2 in the morning???
Thanks
IAN D.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
So is the the kit pretty complete then? Or is there some odds 'n ends that I'm gonna need to pick up at the hardware store?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
So is the the kit pretty complete then? Or is there some odds 'n ends that I'm gonna need to pick up at the hardware store?

Id say theres an odd here n there, i didnt see a 10 amp fuse in there so ill have to get one (no biggy).
Also i only have 2 springs for the turbo.. maybe silber just forgot to put them in.. no biggy ill just use two stock exhaust springs.

C

cr187

Aug 19, 2009
doesnt the kit come with a bracket that mounts to the steering post?

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
6. Oil pump power hooks up to the 12 V direct current source located in that little bag above the primary.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
How does the boost hose connect on to the boost guage? i thought it was just gonna screw on but the hex nut is to big and none of the apdapters work..
I cant figure it out :face-icon-small-dis

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Did you use the brass fittings in the box or the silver connector that was already on the clear hose? I used the silver one.

*EDIT* Justin got me all sorted out, were good.

Trying to use the silver one already connected on the clear hose but its to big to thread on to the back side of the boost guage:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
gmustangt did you turn up the oil flow while you were mounting your kit? Seems like a good time to do it. When I read "bolt on kit" I thought it would be easy peasy. This sounds like a little more than I am up for. Gonna need some help I think.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
gmustangt did you turn up the oil flow while you were mounting your kit? Seems like a good time to do it. When I read "bolt on kit" I thought it would be easy peasy. This sounds like a little more than I am up for. Gonna need some help I think.

Ya i gave the oiler 2 turns up, do this as soon as you hook the linkage rod back the the tb.

Justins been a huge help! I would call him with questions and hed answer. Email call u name it.

Also bryan ( liv4turbo) is an awesome help as well i called him with questions aswell

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
So is it pretty intense install? Or just a lit of vague install instructions? I'm still waiting on mine. Did an impulse turbo but this seems quite a bit different. Little more than a 5-7 hour install?

With the oil pump how did you know it needed to be turned up?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
So is it pretty intense install? Or just a lit of vague install instructions? I'm still waiting on mine. Did an impulse turbo but this seems quite a bit different. Little more than a 5-7 hour install?

With the oil pump how did you know it needed to be turned up?

Instructions just a lil vague...it was my first turbo install so i guess it take me longer lol.
If i was to do it again i could do it in 5-6 hrs

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I thought the instruction where good except Before I put on the new air box I would be sure to hook up all the hoses and put a tiny wire tie on each one. Also I would hook up the PTO side coolant line. Now after you install the air box you wont need to get back there again if you put these on first. Definently remove the gas tank you will need a tool from auto parts store that removes the hose connect fittings. Take your time. I would say to do a good job your first time it should take around 10 hours. If I did it again 5 to 6 would be no problem.

Premium Features