• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help! Electrical Problem On 2006 800, No Lights, Tach

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IDLES LIKE CRAP too.

I'm posting this for a freind.

Please please please help.

2006 Summit 800 151 Adrenaline.

The sled has only 750 miles on it.

Both of the fuses are good (there are 2, right?)

The headlights dont work, the tail light doesnt work, nor does the tach or any of the functions in it.

The RER functions as it should.

The sled Idles for crap... but that may just blow out with fresh fuel.

Are there any ground points that can need attention?

The only thing that was done under the hood was to replace the fuel tank, which I removed the gauge cluster and console to perform.

We'd like to get it back on the snow and running.... we finally are getting some snow and it would be great to get it up and running.

Please help

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Sounds like water dripped off the headlight onto the ECM....not so nice. Pull the plug out and see what you can do to clean it up. Then jam it full of dielectric grease or vaselene. If that doesnt work then your ECM is probably fawked

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
IDLES LIKE CRAP too.

I'm posting this for a freind.

Please please please help.

2006 Summit 800 151 Adrenaline.

The sled has only 750 miles on it.

Both of the fuses are good (there are 2, right?)

The headlights dont work, the tail light doesnt work, nor does the tach or any of the functions in it.

The RER functions as it should.

The sled Idles for crap... but that may just blow out with fresh fuel.

Are there any ground points that can need attention?

The only thing that was done under the hood was to replace the fuel tank, which I removed the gauge cluster and console to perform.

We'd like to get it back on the snow and running.... we finally are getting some snow and it would be great to get it up and running.

Please help

It's the relay zip-tied above the secondary, about 1" square and black, VERY common, carry a spare.

Premium Features