• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 700 SKS runs for about 4 minutes on Both sides

P
Jan 30, 2013
Sled has been in shop since 2/8/2013. it will run when cold for about 4 minuntes and then loads up one cylinder (left side as sitting on sled). shop has tried a different carb, switched carbs, different CDI/coil pack, pulled cylinder head , fuel pump, any ideas??????

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
If it's not fuel related it could be the stator, sounds typical for that

B
Nov 26, 2007
Are the 2 vacuum lines in the air box? I cleaned the carbs for got to put then lines on. Got 4 Kim's and it loaded up with fuel. Did it 2 years in a row :)

P
Jan 30, 2013
Bubbles i can only assume the shop has done that. However it started at my house right after i replaced the recoil rope. IT hasn't run right since i replaced the recoil rope.. Man they have check stator, different coil/cdi, hopefully i got them another different carb and they can make it run.. when they switched carbs the problem followed the carb from i understand?? checked reeds i guess

B
Nov 26, 2007
First time it happen with mine a full tank of gas ran out onthe floor. The guy I took it too had no idea what was wrong. Plugged those 2lines in rode all year. Next year dumb dumb me did it again. 4 km in the first ride it started loading up with fuel and barely running. Plugged those 2 vacuum lines in the top of the air box and it ran perfect all year.

Hope this helps

P
Jan 30, 2013
jsut got the news i need to order a new carb. anyone have any issues with three carbs going bad? One was mine and two were from a running sled??

P
Jan 30, 2013
Yes Keihins. Polaris had one left for 400.00. i am just struggling with how a carb goes bad.

Will run sled before i pay for it. i had purchased one used one but don't know if they even tried to use them as i did get another one...

just hope i didnt get one up the back side

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Keihns had a nasty habit of pounding out the towers that hold the pin that the brass arm pivots on when your floats rise and fall, that opens and closes the needle and seat assembly that lets fuel into the float bowl. When that pin can move around in the ovaled out holes it won't close the needle/seat assembly and it just floods that carb. Pull your float bowl off and I'll bet the pin and brass arm just fall out. Some guys put mikunis on to get rid of the keihns, or you maybe could have found a set on here cheaper than what you payed. I'd check the other carb, it's probably not much better.

P
Jan 30, 2013
Hear ya, just hope the other one holds together for a while until the kid finds a job and buys his own sled, pickup, guns, hunting equipment etc

LOL Thanks for the input....

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
The issue is the Seats are not replaceable so they wear to the point the needle can no longer seal properly.

The ovaled out float pin holes stopped with the knurled float pins, I believe in '99

Premium Features