• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCXPRESS (Intelligent Injection Control)

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.mcxpressusa-orders.com
MCXPRESS Sweden has developed Intelligent Injection Control for the Nytro and Apex.
Erik has worked very hard on this project over the spring and summer.
We will now be able to program the oem fuel map.
The IIC Box will (proto Type on LH side Pic) will plug into factoy wire harness.
We will have Maps for the MCXPRESS Nytro and Apex .
MCXPress customer's will still use our current EFI box also (In Rh Pic)
we should start receiving some units in mid January and have more info and cost in a couple weeks .

Nytro180012.jpg

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
MCXPRESS Sweden has developed Intelligent Injection Control for the Nytro and Apex.
Erik has worked very hard on this project over the spring and summer.
We will now be able to program the oem fuel map.
The IIC Box will (proto Type on LH side Pic) will plug into factoy wire harness.
We will have Maps for the MCXPRESS Nytro and Apex .
MCXPress customer's will still use our current EFI box also (In Rh Pic)
we should start receiving some units in mid January and have more info and cost in a couple weeks .

Nytro180012.jpg

What is this and what does it do exactly? Price?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Without saying to much, APEXXPRESS decides how much they want to reveal, i can say it reminds of an PC and RB, it's an piggyback for Yamaha's EFI, it adjusts fuel both on and off boost, as PC and RB does, but it does it a little diffrent ;).
I really hope all that drives Nytro have the opportunity to try an MCX180, because it runs flawless.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
So the 180 kit is running this? Nothing on the website. A lot more info is needed. I dont see why it would need to be a secret?

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.mcxpressusa-orders.com
IIC Box

Yes this is also used on the Nytro 180 kit . It will be mapped different .
On a stock Nytro we have found Yamaha uses a very quit muffler on the Nytro that works very well. After putting on some aftermarket mufflers or Turbos the engine has a small rich spot that you hear and feel with a non oem muffler . Erik has found that the Fuel maps is keeping the injectors full open for 3 revolutions at part throttle .This IIC controll box has a fix for this and also can change the entre map .It will plug into the factory wire harness .It will come with a map for our turbo systems .It also can be reprogramed with a PC and used on other brand turbos .It can use the TPS or MAP sensor signal for the main inputs.
I do not have the price yet .I have software but no IIC Box or maps .
Should see by mid January .

Mark

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
What's unclear with what Mark wrote?

quote: "Erik has found that the Fuel maps is keeping the injectors full open for 3 revolutions at part throttle .This IIC controll box has a fix for this and also can change the entre map .It will plug into the factory wire harness .It will come with a map for our turbo systems .It also can be reprogramed with a PC and used on other brand turbos .It can use the TPS or MAP sensor signal for the main inputs."

Have you heard of the "Nytro bog"?
This is the solution, and that's why i would have one if i drove Nytro!

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC

quote: "Erik has found that the Fuel maps is keeping the injectors full open for 3 revolutions at part throttle .This IIC controll box has a fix for this and also can change the entre map .It will plug into the factory wire harness .It will come with a map for our turbo systems .It also can be reprogramed with a PC and used on other brand turbos .It can use the TPS or MAP sensor signal for the main inputs."

Great, so it does what to the apex? LOL?!?:eek:

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
It does the same as an PC3 for ex. does on an Apex, as the Apex doesent seem to have the bug Nytro have.
You get ability to subtract fuel off boost as mine anyway is rich in that area.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask

OH! sorry I missed that. I fixed that problem with a boost controller, but more tuneable setup would be nice

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
So I have read what it is supposed to fix a few times and think I finally understand what this box is after.

When the engine is calling for fuel (esp at lower RPM) all 3 injectors fire but not all 3 pistons needs fuel so ends up generating a rich cylinder hence the pop/bog/hesitation. At full throttle full injector stream does not matter as much.

I run Mcx kit with mcx muffler and sometimes at lower boost I may hear a slight change in exhaust output but have never felt the engine bogging or loosing power then rebounding.

I may be wrong but thats what it is sounding like to me.

Besides the fact that you can adjust fuel on and off boost. I wonder if you can adjust timing as well?

Price would still be helpful.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
There's no timing control in this unit, only fuel control.
And it's clearly not an optimal condition to spray fuel in all cylinders @ once, engine doesent run crisp, and hesitate in certain conditions.

Premium Features