• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help i miss my king

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
buddy is having similar issues, his crank was out of phase so his motor was sucking, it burned down due to crank seals geting thrashed, but found out from the wobbling crank that the stator was wearing into the cases and causing electrical voodoo! his powervalves still dont work right after rebuild though. so bascially the same things!

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Your power valves don't open until 6900 rpm. So what I am saying is you can forget about it being a power valve problem, your motor doesn't spin high enough to cycle them.
Have you had the valves out to clean them? I mean all the way out? not just pulling the cover and spray some cleaner in there. Whats the chances you could have got the valves back in upside down?

C
Dec 26, 2008
I am with Runhard on this one. Put your factory exhaust can back on. I have a 04 1m efi and I put a can on it before I got it home from the dealer. Long story short it ran great in the mountians but at home it would run good for a second or two then act like I fouled a plug. I never could get it fixed, dealer did all the stuff you are doing servo motor ect.. I came to just live with it and ride it only in the mountians since it ran ok up high. Last year I put on a Jaws front dump and bingo problem solved. Runs great at home and in high elevations. Just for fun one day last winter I tried all three cans, stock, jaws, and the problem can ..... Guess what Stock & Jaws cans it ran perfect, the other can it ran like crap again.

Hope this fixes yours, let us know

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
I know this sounds stupid but check under the airbox, one time I pinched my fuel line and cut the fuel supply. My buddy had the same sled so one day we went up and started swapping parts. spent the day and no luck. took it to a local shop and he found the problem in about 15 seconds....

what happens is the fuel line looks normal but when you slide the airbox into position it kinks it, then when you removethe airbox it straightens out.

felt like a fool, but the shop guy had others with the same problem so I wasnt the only one!

the signs were, idle fine midrange fine and high fuel burn rates it would stumble and blubber badly. you could not duplicate the problem on a stand.

good luck.

Premium Features