• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX Vertical Steering kit

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Hey guys, this kits been out for a year or more now, wondering if anyone has used it.

If you bought one:
How did you like it?
Did you have an OFT relocator before? How did it compare?
Any problems with it?

Thanks guys,
-Justin

Here's what I'm talking about if you haven't seen it already.
YAM120106.JPG

YamahaStreeinginstalled.JPG

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/yamahanytrosteeringpostkit.aspx

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I'd advise against it, I've had nothing but problems with BDX products when it comes to durability. Just get the OFT relocator and be done with it.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I'd advise against it, I've had nothing but problems with BDX products when it comes to durability. Just get the OFT relocator and be done with it.

I have the relocator but I still think THIS is the better option. I haven't had the best luck with BDX products either (only tried one) but I really want to give this a shot.

Anyone tried it out yet?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Do you know how high that puts the handle bars? It looks pretty high. I've been thinking of shortening my riser on mine. Seems like when I'm in a lot of sidehilling situations the longer riser puts me farther away from the sled than I'd like to be.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Do you know how high that puts the handle bars? It looks pretty high. I've been thinking of shortening my riser on mine. Seems like when I'm in a lot of sidehilling situations the longer riser puts me farther away from the sled than I'd like to be.

True but it's a standard T-Top steering column so you could use any size riser you wanted. If I remember right I already have what I need so I wouldn't even need the riser.

Premium Features