• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber kit and reverse problems?

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
If this has already been covered then my bad. I bought a silber kit this fall, new directly from silber. Sent the ecu to them for the reflash, in December. So I think I have the latest flash, but I don’t know.

I’m pretty happy with the kit overall. But it takes several attempts to restart in reverse. Might take over five times sometimes, sometimes I just give up and figure out how to get out the situation without using reverse. Which is pretty annoying.

Is there a fix for this? Anyone else experience this problem with there silber kit. My sled did not have any problems with reverse before the turbo install and reflash.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Not a silber, but my supercharged 2021 Cat sometimes goes right into reverse the first time and sometimes it takes 2-3 times of it dying and trying to restart itself in reverse. I figured it was the extra inertia of spinning the charger or the little bit of boost pressure it has at idle messing with the re-start sequence. Maybe the turbo still spinning is doing some things with the exhaust and intake pressures that make it harder to fire just right to make the motor spin backwards?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Interesting, I just rode with my uncle and cousin who both have 800ctecs with silbers and have reverses problems you describe.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I never had any problems with mine going into reverse. I'm not sure what the cause would be, unless it is idling high when you try to hit the button?

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
It seems harder for it to restart since the turbo install but idk. I guess I’ll try silber and see if they have anything to say.

Premium Features