• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

crankcase breather tube freezing ??

R

rideride

Jan 29, 2010
am running K&N filters on my nytro..was told of problem of crankcase breather tube freezing and causing engine seals to blow out...anyone else heard this??? thanz

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
im running K&N's too. io havnt heard of this i have 700 miles on mine. i rerouted the breather tube though. back by the motor.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
A similar thing happened on my T Nytro, except it was the breather hose that comes off of the oil tank that "plugged". This line goes into a air plenum rather than the air box on the stock Nytro but would no doubt do the same thing. What it did on mine is blew the valve cover gasket out, and I didn't notice it until I smelt oil and found that oil had leaked all over my exhaust manifold! PIA to change the gasket but, lesson learned, make sure stuff don't freeze up! Sherm

S
Dec 5, 2010
I just bought a sled that had the same thing. My oil light came the first ride. Oil all over the side of the engine. I was happy to find the valve cover gasket pushed out not something worse
I suspect a plugged vent line. Could this be caused from the machine being on its side. I also had a little oil in the air-box.

S

snowmomo

Dec 31, 2007
Maple Falls,WA
When I hit log, bent my sub frame last week the sled rolled over while running. Should I exspect there's oil in my air plenum? Mark

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Are you talking about the MCX air plenum? If so you could have oil in it but, the cavity that the oil breather line goes into is not part of the air plenum that the intake air goes into, there is a "wall" between the two areas...Sherm

S

snowmomo

Dec 31, 2007
Maple Falls,WA
OK now I get it,I removed the intake tube & no oil. So the oil flows from vent line out the breather directly. Changing the subframe gives me a chance to clean up the oil !!! ( I don't teather on the bunny runs. ) MCX 180

Premium Features