• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big wheel kit thoughts?

K
Jan 9, 2008
Wondering where to find a used big wheel kit. 04 rmk vert. Edge. 144 and wondering how big of a track to out on. Prob 8 inch wheels. Also your thoughts on the big wheel kit. For little trail riding and about a foot of snow.

Thanks.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Big wheel kits do nothing since the track already naturally bends to the radius of the stock rear idler.

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
I had a Holz Big Wheel kit on an '02 700 w/144". Worked so good I had use the parking brake alot more else the sled would roll away.

Sounds like a good item to find a a Snow Show Swap Meet.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Rail off set

Big wheel kits do offer alot less rolling resistance especially at higher seeds.

The older polaris back wheels were very small.

Try and find a take off from a newer Dragon that has just the 2 wheels,this will bolt right on your edge skid.

BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE THE OFFSET RAIL ENTENSIONS OR NEWER RAILS FOR THE BIGGER WHEELS

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
looks cool but zero performance gain of any kind. i actually prefer the stock 3 wheel kits to keep two of the wheels as close to the outside of the track as possible. It just supports the track better.

Premium Features