• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M800 Rear suspension issue

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Just bought 2 new m800s, one for the lady and one for myself. I am having an issue with my sleds rear suspension. If I compress both sleds suspension and release, mine stays sagged about 1.5 inches or so and hers bounces all the way back to the top. I have checked my rear track shock and it contains 150 psi and so can't add anything there. If I lift back up on the rear bumper to stretch suspension back to fully extended and then release it, it still sags back to the 1.5 inches. Hers does not. Both sleds preload spring on the front track shock look to be in the exact same position as is the limiter straps. Any ideas on what I should do to get my sled to remain at the top of its travel like the other sled does or what would cause this issue.

Thanks

Sorry about being in M chassis section. Moderator feel free to move to right section as I either can't or not bright enough to find the right button to do so..

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
When you put the little air pump on did you clear the air from the pump so it went to zero before you checked yours.
I have had them way over 150psi and never had a problem. But something seems wrong, I would air it up some more just to see what happens, or if you need to ride it. then take it to the dealer.
Does one have a full gas tank and not the other

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Double checked my procedure on the air pump and everything is fine there. It still reads 150.

Both machine has same gas level. Mine is probably a little lower as I played in the hills and powder more than she did so I should have a little less weight.

I noticed this morning that when I do the same test I did yesterday after we got back to the house that my machine seems to be matching the same characteristics of hers now. Everything is stiff and frozen this morning so not sure if mine will go back to the previous issue once I get it out on the snow and warmed up or not. Unfortunately I have to leave for a week for work and so can't pull them in the garage to thaw them out. Will check next weekend again... It still rides great and never seems to bottom in the whoops or on moderate hits (no major hits yet so not sure on those, only about 5 feet so far). Also checked front shocks on both sleds and they are sitting right at 90psi.

Aaron

B
Feb 12, 2010
Make sure that you take all the weight off the suspension before you adjust air pressure....(raise the track off the ground). Check your track tension as well. If your track is too tight it could stop your suspension from articulating sitting on flat ground. That's all I got. I can't think of anything else that would do that. My suspension rebounds every time even at 100 psi.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
They need to be on a flat surface like a garge floor to check for sag, any elevation of the skis and rear goes down.

Premium Features