• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowtech Mx

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
The single ski sport has come a long ways since a few of us where riding snowhawks and figuring out what worked and what didn't. In those days it was all trial and error, I was happy to be a part of it, a true passion that lowered my bank acct significantly, I was really happy to have worked with several companies to help farther the sport. Fast forward some 15 or so years and we are seeing the original snowbike manufactures being sold out to the bigger companies, That's all well and good, but...
After many seasons of riding some great kits and seeing where others have fell a little short, I made the trip to Utah to check out Snowtech Mx.
What I found was a hard working group who makes nearly everything in house, they are not farming out work to some overseas company, they are working hard day in and out making Billet and water jetted parts for a very rugged and well thought out kit.
In their shop you see hoards of other manufactures kits that they have tried and tested, learning from them along the way.
I am impressed by the lack of rolling resistance from the track, the extreme attention to detail, the adjustable spindle,massively strong tilting skid,Belt drive, included 3rd shock,adjustable chain and overall quality of the kit. So much so that I chose the Snowtech Mx 137 for my next build.
Crazy for sure, but thats kind of what we do here.. a KTM 950 Super Enduro, The same bike that just overalled the last day of the Baja Rally against factory 450 Rally bikes and has class wins in the 24hrs of stavation ridge, Desert 100, and a few others. Its also my go to ADV bike and hooligan steed. Heavy but powerful this will be fun. More to come on that bike and build.
a>

But what I would really like to hear are any stories you have about the snowtech kits. What do you like and what dont you like.
Why dont we hear much about what I see as a great setup?
Have you ridden a snowtech or know someone who has one?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Looks good! It should be a beast with engine. It looks like they are using a Yeti ski. I think CMX also uses the Yeti ski. It works pretty good in most conditions.

I will be running my Yeti 129 on KTM SXF 450 that is now a 520. No 950 V Twin but a lot lighter I am guessing.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Snowtech MC has kid of flow under the radar a little, but in thier case is good, because they have a good product and nobody is complaining about.

What's the full of fluids weight of the 950 build????

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I would love to know more about their kits. Their web site does not have much info on the details of the kit. I like the 3rd shock, as I prefer my Mountain Horse with TSS over friends fixed struts.

I have not ridden a Yeti or CMX, but want to!

I think I need to take some road trips this winter for some demo rides, as we have only seen Timbersled and MotoTrax demos come to Bend, Oregon.

I was unbelievably stoked on snowbiking last winter. Looking forward to what’s coming down the pipe from all of the manufacturers.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looks good! It should be a beast with engine. It looks like they are using a Yeti ski. I think CMX also uses the Yeti ski. It works pretty good in most conditions.

I will be running my Yeti 129 on KTM SXF 450 that is now a 520. No 950 V Twin but a lot lighter I am guessing.

NO Doubt about the weight, but racing ADV bikes is what Ive been doing for the last several years, so I figure what the heck Ill try this out, since I have no real preconceptions it at least will be. 110 Hp to the rear tire should do something. Until I fall over:face-icon-small-blu

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I would love to know more about their kits. Their web site does not have much info on the details of the kit. I like the 3rd shock, as I prefer my Mountain Horse with TSS over friends fixed struts.

I have not ridden a Yeti or CMX, but want to!

I think I need to take some road trips this winter for some demo rides, as we have only seen Timbersled and MotoTrax demos come to Bend, Oregon.

I was unbelievably stoked on snowbiking last winter. Looking forward to what’s coming down the pipe from all of the manufacturers.

The options are good for the growth of the sport, some may like one kit over another for varying reasons. Snowtech does lack marketing support, they need to get out there and get riders on their kits to try out.. You can have the best product in the world,but if no one knows about it they simply will not sell. I am liking what I see so far.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Snowtech MC has kid of flow under the radar a little, but in thier case is good, because they have a good product and nobody is complaining about.

What's the full of fluids weight of the 950 build????

Im not sure yet on the weight, The thing with this bike on the dirt anyways is that once your moving the weight isn't so apparent, hoping the same in the snow. The snowhawks where heavy and tough to deal with as well, but some guys really threw them around.
Ill get a total weight once its done.I am having a fitment issue due to the wide width of the motor, Jaron from Snowtech is being super helpful with helping to make some custom parts I need. I also have to remake the rear cyl pipe for clearance.
I do plan on taking this bike to several races and whatever hill climb events I can attend.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
A couple of years ago I went down to West Yellowstone just to demo some snowbikes, MotoTrax and SnowTech were both there. Jaron was nice enough to let me try out both his bikes one with the Yeti ski and the other with the modded Simmons ski. Snow conditions sucked to say the least but the first thing I noticed about the Snowtech kit was it was by far the most quiet, smooth kit I've rode. There were no vibrations or sounds, just seemed to run very true. I wasn't a big fan of either of these skis in the crusty snow. I didn't get to ride them very long or in deep snow but I was impressed with the skid. They seem to be very well engineered. I would agree though I don't think they seem to be trying very hard on the marketing side, probably just can't justify having someone devoted to that as a part time job. I think the other reason we don't hear much is because there just aren't the numbers on their side. I'd be curious to hear how many kits are out there, I know there is a rental fleet in West Yellowstone that runs their kits and they had good things to say about it. Hopefully this season we'll be able to rent one and compare it to my set up in the deeper snow!

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I'm on my third season with Snowtech MX. The engineering and craftsmanship that goes into these kits is nothing less than amazing. The third shock comes STANDARD on the kit, there is no solid link arm. I have never had a belt break... the first season I pulled my belt at the end of the year as part of maintenance and it looked new. Grease zercs and easy to adjust or maintain parts are very well planned into the design of the kit. Everything seems built to an old standard where "they don't make em like they used to" still goes... the rails, linkage, pivot arm, bulkhead and framework are all made with the idea that they will be crashed into trees and rode hard. Chain and track UHMW sliders are everywhere, and the track rolling resistance is ridiculously low... I can roll the bike across the shop with one hand easily. The front spindle weighs maybe 1lb more than the Yeti spindle, yet it has adjustable rake and is CNC machined from a solid piece of aluminum. The rear skid has 13" of travel in the rear, the Zbros coilover third shock gives it another 10" on top of that. His new kits will have the new CMX/Camso peak track on them, I hope to get one on my kit soon.

I have the 2018 120 ST Adrenaline if anyone wants to ride it feel free to come out to Washington. There are about five or six of us here in this state who ride Snowtech.

37654511216_b925ffe074_h_d.jpg

37032736103_9e3bca9bac_h_d.jpg

34385968552_27e7430f5a_h_d.jpg

adjustable rake spindle via eccentric axle bushings
33736368853_20ca0b6287_h_d.jpg

Zbros suspension
34385967502_03ec651f7b_h_d.jpg

Pivot arm
34505686396_ded2dd3823_h_d.jpg

standard snow flap
34161102900_a2f16ca1c6_h_d.jpg

34161101830_b1bdfc0b40_h_d.jpg

double row bearings with axle seals and grease zercs everywhere
34161121100_cd2fae788a_h_d.jpg

integrated brake on the drive axle, with de-ice design that actually works really well
34416719681_3082a0918d_h_d.jpg

https://youtu.be/nINv6WD8JIM

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I'm on my third season with Snowtech MX. The engineering and craftsmanship that goes into these kits is nothing less than amazing. The third shock comes STANDARD on the kit, there is no solid link arm. I have never had a belt break... the first season I pulled my belt at the end of the year as part of maintenance and it looked new. Grease zercs and easy to adjust or maintain parts are very well planned into the design of the kit. Everything seems built to an old standard where "they don't make em like they used to" still goes... the rails, linkage, pivot arm, bulkhead and framework are all made with the idea that they will be crashed into trees and rode hard. Chain and track UHMW sliders are everywhere, and the track rolling resistance is ridiculously low... I can roll the bike across the shop with one hand easily. The front spindle weighs maybe 1lb more than the Yeti spindle, yet it has adjustable rake and is CNC machined from a solid piece of aluminum. The rear skid has 13" of travel in the rear, the Zbros coilover third shock gives it another 10" on top of that. His new kits will have the new CMX/Camso peak track on them, I hope to get one on my kit soon.

I have the 2018 120 ST Adrenaline if anyone wants to ride it feel free to come out to Washington. There are about five or six of us here in this state who ride Snowtech.

37654511216_b925ffe074_h_d.jpg

37032736103_9e3bca9bac_h_d.jpg

34385968552_27e7430f5a_h_d.jpg

adjustable rake spindle via eccentric axle bushings
33736368853_20ca0b6287_h_d.jpg

Zbros suspension
34385967502_03ec651f7b_h_d.jpg

Pivot arm
34505686396_ded2dd3823_h_d.jpg

standard snow flap
34161102900_a2f16ca1c6_h_d.jpg

34161101830_b1bdfc0b40_h_d.jpg

double row bearings with axle seals and grease zercs everywhere
34161121100_cd2fae788a_h_d.jpg

integrated brake on the drive axle, with de-ice design that actually works really well
34416719681_3082a0918d_h_d.jpg

https://youtu.be/nINv6WD8JIM

Thanks for showing me your kits..The quality is bar none, quality you can see.. What really sold me was the lack of rolling resistance on the skid, compared with other kits I have had, that is free Horsepower. BTW that is one GREAT looking bike!

B
Nov 5, 2017
The single ski sport has come a long ways since a few of us where riding snowhawks and figuring out what worked and what didn't. In those days it was all trial and error, I was happy to be a part of it, a true passion that lowered my bank acct significantly, I was really happy to have worked with several companies to help farther the sport. Fast forward some 15 or so years and we are seeing the original snowbike manufactures being sold out to the bigger companies, That's all well and good, but...
After many seasons of riding some great kits and seeing where others have fell a little short, I made the trip to Utah to check out Snowtech Mx.
What I found was a hard working group who makes nearly everything in house, they are not farming out work to some overseas company, they are working hard day in and out making Billet and water jetted parts for a very rugged and well thought out kit.
In their shop you see hoards of other manufactures kits that they have tried and tested, learning from them along the way.
I am impressed by the lack of rolling resistance from the track, the extreme attention to detail, the adjustable spindle,massively strong tilting skid,Belt drive, included 3rd shock,adjustable chain and overall quality of the kit. So much so that I chose the Snowtech Mx 137 for my next build.
Crazy for sure, but thats kind of what we do here.. a KTM 950 Super Enduro, The same bike that just overalled the last day of the Baja Rally against factory 450 Rally bikes and has class wins in the 24hrs of stavation ridge, Desert 100, and a few others. Its also my go to ADV bike and hooligan steed. Heavy but powerful this will be fun. More to come on that bike and build.
DSC_0954-L.jpg
[/IMG]

But what I would really like to hear are any stories you have about the snowtech kits. What do you like and what dont you like.
Why dont we hear much about what I see as a great setup?
Have you ridden a snowtech or know someone who has one?
This looks like it comes from a transformers movie.

D
Oct 10, 2017
Excited to see the 950 build and the snowtechMX kit will probably make its way into my garage eventually. Had to start out cheap to see how much I’ll actually love riding these and then I’m sure it will snowball from there. I’ll be following along the Cyclops build and excited to maybe see the Bike in person.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Excited to see the 950 build and the snowtechMX kit will probably make its way into my garage eventually. Had to start out cheap to see how much I’ll actually love riding these and then I’m sure it will snowball from there. I’ll be following along the Cyclops build and excited to maybe see the Bike in person.

It only took me one ride Dan.. I'm pretty sure you will also get the bug.. Can,t wait to see you on the mountain.

S
Sep 22, 2013
Idaho
Well I won't be getting a snow tech. They weren't interested in showing me their kits I kind a got the vibe that they were put out that I was even there. I don't know maybe I just didn't go on the right day. All I can say is if they're not interested when I'm shopping for a new kit the really not going to be interested when I need parts

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well I won't be getting a snow tech. They weren't interested in showing me their kits I kind a got the vibe that they were put out that I was even there. I don't know maybe I just didn't go on the right day. All I can say is if they're not interested when I'm shopping for a new kit the really not going to be interested when I need parts

Maybe they already sold both the kits they built for 2018?

Premium Features