• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Cross Member/Module Pics included...

M
Feb 7, 2008
Bozeman,MT
My dealer had their parts order come in already, even though there are no sleds yet! Anyhow, started snooping around and found this here front end! Was not very impressed to say the least! Seemed very light and flimsy! The holes line right up as well...

IMG_3825.jpg IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3828.jpg IMG_3829.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Nice, looks a lot like a Pro bulk. They are very light too but very rarely fail. Looks a ton better than previous modules, easy to change out if needed.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
and whats on the front of your polaris?

The castings on the Polari' are bolted and glued. Thus no thermal stresses are induced. Since most castings by nature are porous. When welded the porosity (gas pockets) expand and make for a very weak weld. Think Swiss cheese!

Last edited:

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
If i remember right, Dave said when showing the chassis (with welded bulkhead ) live on the doo release that the production sled would have a non welded bulk!?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The castings on the Polari' are bolted and glued. Thus no thermal stresses are induced. Since most castings by nature are porous. When welded the porosity (gas pockets) expand and make for a very weak weld. Think Swiss cheese!

If cast is welded under perfect conditions it doesn't weaken as bad but I still cringe at the thought of a welded bulkhead. It would still be the weak spot.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If cast is welded under perfect conditions it doesn't weaken as bad but I still cringe at the thought of a welded bulkhead. It would still be the weak spot.

It has far less to do with the weld itself, the quality /consistency of the casting itself has more weight in the equation. (Career welder for roughly 35 years, specializing in aluminum).

Premium Features