• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI 180 Turbo kit?

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Lol I'll bet you have, how about some details, spec's maybe, and what made MPI decide to join the turbo side of the game.....

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Won't be in the states this year. Only in Canada. We were asked to develop a true high quality bolt on kit for the nytro by a certain snowmobile manufacture. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Thanks for sharing the pictures. For me this is exciting news. I have always loved my sc kits. MPI puts out a quality product and I'm sure this will be nothing less. Matt, can you explain the differences between this kit and the push? What turbo do you use and what are you using to control fuel?

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
looked at s push kit on wed and after seeing these pics, no comparison in the fit and finnish. MPI still pust out the cleanist kits out their. Glad to see they are now pushing the turbo guy to built cleaner kits. Competition will make all the kits better!! keep up the good work MPI

N
Jan 31, 2008
Matt, will your kit be able to upgrade to higher boost? Looking for 200+hp. will your stand alone work with the turbo? What boost will this kit be pushing at above 6000ft?

Have you started any plans for a Turbo/supercharged sled?:face-icon-small-hap

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
These are great questions that need to be answered soon. I was really looking hard at the MCXpress 180 that retails for approx. for $4800. What I like about the MCX is the 180 hp at any elevation and no fuel box fiddling.
So MPI, your a good company-------I hope this product is comparable in all aspects including HP & Dollars, and I hope people are steered towards your product.

good luck

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt, will your kit be able to upgrade to higher boost? Looking for 200+hp. will your stand alone work with the turbo? What boost will this kit be pushing at above 6000ft?

Have you started any plans for a Turbo/supercharged sled?:face-icon-small-hap

This kit doesn't have an intercooler. Upgrading to an intercooler will allow for more boost, which will be available soon. 200+HP will be no problem. Your stand alone will work with both supercharged and turbo. We plan on testing the stand alone on the turbo this season. Boost for the non intercooled 180 kit will be 6-8 PSI at any altitude.

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
These are great questions that need to be answered soon. I was really looking hard at the MCXpress 180 that retails for approx. for $4800. What I like about the MCX is the 180 hp at any elevation and no fuel box fiddling.
So MPI, your a good company-------I hope this product is comparable in all aspects including HP & Dollars, and I hope people are steered towards your product.

good luck

The MCXpress kit is a real nice piece. Some of the key differences are, this kit is a true bolt on, no welding. The turbo is mounted where the stock muffler would be. The oiling system on the nytro is strong enough to get oil to the turbo but getting it back is another story. We use a scavenge pump to return the oil to the motor. The fuel controller will be just like the one we sell to Yamaha in are 180 supercharger kits. Factory preset to run on pump gas with very little adjustable features. It keeps it user friendly. This kit will only be available in Canada this year. Distributed by E&S motor sports. http://www.esmotorcycles.com/

The Canadan's got skipped over on the factory 180 this year .:rant:
http://www.esmotorcycles.com/

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
it looks very similar to the kit that push was building for yamaha. did something go wrong with push's kit?? or maybee push couldnt supply enough to meet the demand??

M
Mar 31, 2010
it looks very similar to the kit that push was building for yamaha. did something go wrong with push's kit?? or maybee push couldnt supply enough to meet the demand??

Ive had a chance to see both kit first hand. Similar to the push kit in that its a rear mount turbo but that's about it. The push kit lacks fit and finish and quality parts. Push is having a hard time delivering the kits to yamaha. I think that push can't meet the demand, the demand of a quality. We need someone to post pictures of the push kit installed so we can compare the two with the pics that Matt posted.

Premium Features