For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Currently: Not set.
ronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just bought 08' 700 Dragon - I Have a couple general questions

I just bought my first sled A DRAGON baby!! I love this sled! Had 530 miles when i bought it. Rode it this weekend and have couple questions:

1. Does anyone where i can find a manual that can tell how me how to toggle through the digital read-out options?

2. It is a bone-stock sled and I find it a little 'tippy' compared to other sleds and had trouble sidehilling. I was thinking of adjusting the 'limiter straps' (think this is what they are called) in the track. Has anyone else done this with success? Or make any recomendations

3. Is there a 'choke' anywhere on the dragons for cold starts? Havnt found one... or does the dragon start easy on cold-a$$ days. Fired up easy on 2nd pull today and temp was 4 farenheit out. Love that.

4. What is that little black plastic adjuster 'wheel' below the readout for?

Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Currently: rebelling
Basic Member
Roadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond reputeRoadtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default No choke

1. Get an owner’s manual
2. Ride it as is, you will get used to the tippyness
3. No choke, just pull the rope
4. Headlight adjuster for up and down

Old 04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Currently: Thinking it's over before it began
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,121 Posts
sledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond reputesledhead ut has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I moved my limiter strap to the lowest position and moved the shock to the most forward hole. Made a huge difference. I was told I needed Holtz spindles and new skis. Saved a lot money by doing what I did with great results.

Little Knobby thing is to adjust your headlight up and down.

No choke on fuel injection. Just plan on 2 or 3 pulls on a cold start.

You will need to register with Polaris. Then you can get your manual online. See the site I have linked and click on register. Then you can access you manual.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/Use...Source=MANUALS

I was typing when roadtrip said ride it like it is. I hope he is not saying ride it stock. Your sled will open up like you can't believe if you let it breath. SLP intake,Pipe,Can

Last edited by sledhead ut; 04-20-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Ollie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond repute

Tippy.
One of the biggest problems people have with this sled is over riding it.
It is so responsive it is unlike any sled you have ridden. Ride it in the neutral postion and give it a few rides to get used to it. Just counter steer and it will hold a sidehill for ever.
I put the limiter strap in the center position and the front shock in the lower hole.

Since the sled is fuel injected it has no choke.

You can contact polaris to get a new owners manual.
There are a couple of things you can do to the sled (lower top gear, vent kits, etc.). Ride it a bit and see what you think it needs.

Last edited by Ollie; 04-20-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Currently: wrench ride repeat
Basic Member
poorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico78 View Post
I just bought my first sled A DRAGON baby!! I love this sled! Had 530 miles when i bought it. Rode it this weekend and have couple questions:

1. Does anyone where i can find a manual that can tell how me how to toggle through the digital read-out options?

2. It is a bone-stock sled and I find it a little 'tippy' compared to other sleds and had trouble sidehilling. I was thinking of adjusting the 'limiter straps' (think this is what they are called) in the track. Has anyone else done this with success? Or make any recomendations

3. Is there a 'choke' anywhere on the dragons for cold starts? Havnt found one... or does the dragon start easy on cold-a$$ days. Fired up easy on 2nd pull today and temp was 4 farenheit out. Love that.

4. What is that little black plastic adjuster 'wheel' below the readout for?

Thanks in advance.
1. Your local dealer should have supplied you with the owners manual for the sled which explains how to toggle through the digital readout options......if you bought it used just go into a dealer, they'll be able to show you how it works in a matter of about 2 minutes, or just play with it, it's actually pretty simple
2.pulling your limiter strap in will affect the tippyness, but it will also put more pressure on your skis making it harder to steer. If it's too tippy for you, look at the aluminum spacers where your ski bolt goes through your spindles. You can put both sets of spacers to the outside of the spindles to make your ski stance wider. Also make sure your swaybar is in place, it may have been removed by the last owner.
You'll find the dragon to be considerably tippier than the older chassis, this takes a ride or two(or maybe as little as an hour) to get used to, but you'll find once you master it it'll be much easier to control and sidehill than anything you've ridden before
3.There is no choke, it's a fuel injected motor. the injection system automatically enriches the air /fuel mixture on cold starts
4.The little adjuster wheel is for adjusting your headlight angle up or down

The mighty poo has spoken

Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Ollie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorider View Post
The mighty poo has spoken
Mighty poo?!?!

Bwahahaha
Why do I get the over whelming urge to flush.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Currently: Can't see the line, can ya Russ...
DRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Everybody has gave good advice so far. You will get used to the chassis - just be patient. Try finding an open field where you can really lay it over and get a feel for it. Also start side hilling on smaller hills.

I second the aluminum spacer idea on the ski's. Spread the skis out a little to give yourself a bigger stance - you'll be suprised what a difference an inch or to makes.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Basic Member
poorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond reputepoorider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
Mighty poo?!?!

Bwahahaha
Why do I get the over whelming urge to flush.
so i like to play with my mighty poo? Don't hate, that's just how I roll

Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAPE View Post
Everybody has gave good advice so far. You will get used to the chassis - just be patient. Try finding an open field where you can really lay it over and get a feel for it. Also start side hilling on smaller hills.

I second the aluminum spacer idea on the ski's. Spread the skis out a little to give yourself a bigger stance - you'll be suprised what a difference an inch or to makes.
she said

Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Currently: Can't see the line, can ya Russ...
DRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond reputeDRAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 04-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Basic Member
hilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
ronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond reputeronmexico78 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,468 Times in 846 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register