• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A arms stock r aftermarkedt?

M
Nov 23, 2009
i'm looking into chaging aout my arms since i bent 2 this weekend. So my ? is what is better bang for my buck? Sould i go back to stock r should i go with holts r timbersled r maybe polaris assult arms? i ride a 06 700 159

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
Well assault a arms are very wide.
Holtz, timbersled, and arsfx(z broz) a arms are all stronger than stock and when compaired directly cheaper per set than stock poo arms.
I bent 10 stock a arms and now have moved over to the dark side and have arsfx a arms on it. Like them way better.
However one thing to consider if you dont want to buy new shocks is make sure the arms you buy will work with the stock shock length you have. ARSFX and Assault a arms will not work with your stock shock. Not sure on the other 2.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I would go back to stock! I have been measuring stock and aftermarket a-arms in preperation for manufacturing of my own billet products and I have been shocked to say the least. Some are lighter for sure,but stronger I doubt it. i have not had a good look at ARSFX stuff but I can only hope its better than some of what I have seen. Not mentioning any names but I measured a set from my buddies skidoo last week and the upper a-arms where nearly .75" different in length!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I have the ZBROZ (ARS-FX) A-Arms, the 40" wide with 17" c-c fox floats...

the zbroz a-arms are the best thing i have bought..i have blasted trees like no other...and by no means on purpose and i have no issues, and they have held up great..they are extremely strong and very durable..and they also give you a slight raise in the front end and more center ground clearence

i even had a slight run in with an M1000 and we collided about 35mph and my a-arm hit his running board and smash it upwards..and i have a VERY slight dent in my arm..and does not affect steering or angles..

my wife has the HOLZ 41" A-Arms with 17.5 c-c Fox Floats on her 06 RMK 700,
they are very nice looking...appear to be strong, and i belive they are superior to OEM arms, but in NO way do i think they are stronger then the ZBROZ arms..but worth it if you get a great deal, but they are the SAME price as zbroz..

just my .02

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
I have the ZBROZ (ARS-FX) A-Arms, the 40" wide with 17" c-c fox floats...

the zbroz a-arms are the best thing i have bought..i have blasted trees like no other...and by no means on purpose and i have no issues, and they have held up great..they are extremely strong and very durable..and they also give you a slight raise in the front end and more center ground clearence

i even had a slight run in with an M1000 and we collided about 35mph and my a-arm hit his running board and smash it upwards..and i have a VERY slight dent in my arm..and does not affect steering or angles..

my wife has the HOLZ 41" A-Arms with 17.5 c-c Fox Floats on her 06 RMK 700,
they are very nice looking...appear to be strong, and i belive they are superior to OEM arms, but in NO way do i think they are stronger then the ZBROZ arms..but worth it if you get a great deal, but they are the SAME price as zbroz..

just my .02
X2......X2........X2 I also own a set of 41" Z-Broz A arms along with a set of Z-Broz Exit shocks and i do say that is one helluva set up......Love it. I suggest the Z-Broz as a fellow rider of mine taco'd one of his Holz A arms installed on his 07 Poo 700 dragon last year banging through a field of saplings. But i must caution you, if you have a sway bar and like the feeling of the stability of the stock swaybar on your sled, if you decide on a Z-Broz A arm setup, there are no attachment points for your stock swaybar to attach too reason being is that you must use a better performing shock for stability and performance and one good shock is the Z-Broz Exit shocks that are built at the factory to your rider weight and style of riding thus eliminating the need for a swaybar as the shocks provide the right amount of performance and stability for you. Plus the elimination of the swaybar will lighten up the sled a little. (do i sound like i am trying to promote the Exit Shocks?)

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
LOL...

thanks for the props to zbroz...lol..i couldnt agree more with your statedment..

but ZBROZ does make a clamp on bracket that will support the 09 sway bar (only) and of coarse you must have the 09 front to use it..

i have the bracket and i will be trying it out..but they is really no install instructions..so you have to play with the angles of the bracket and see if its right..if not you can cause a weird angle on the plastic piece that connects the 09 sway bay to the a-arms..i will get some pics if anyone is really interested..otherwise when i get my shock back from repair, i will ride and report back

if i had the money...there is NO DOUBT in my mind, that i would ONLY run EXIT shocks..and zbroz a-arms...for sure!!

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
This is so off topic, But I could not hold myself back!!:heh:

....i have blasted trees like no other...and by no means on purpose and i have no issues.........

Really?!? .........You have blasted trees?!? .......NO WAY, I don't believe it.
Nope...No Way...No How....unless.....Is there video somewhere??

Excuse me while i run away, real fast. :focus:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa

just got the video on the computer have to go through it and find some incriminating evidence :devil:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I/we (group) all run holz. For me they are local. We've bent up a few, hard to say if different brands would've done better or worse.

Those Ars look very nice (Borat)

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA

Do you not know that he is in the military and probably has a whole garage full of explosives to blow up dem trees? Lol

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Best bang for the buck is to upgrade to Holz,Z broz or Fabcraft etc there are some availible here "rideguy" or ck E-bay and swapmeet forums for deals. Poo arms are to much $$$.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Do you not know that he is in the military and probably has a whole garage full of explosives to blow up dem trees? Lol

HAHA...well...half true..yes i am airforce, but i am a fireman..i dont blow things up, but i will sure as hell burn them damn trees if i have to ;)

Best bang for the buck is to upgrade to Holz,Z broz or Fabcraft etc there are some availible here "rideguy" or ck E-bay and swapmeet forums for deals. Poo arms are to much $$$.

YEP!!

Premium Features