• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK 201.6 !!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
I didn’t say he wasn’t a good builder or couldn’t ride but from the info you gave us…a pipe and clutching isn’t going to turn that track enough to compete with a stock track with turbo to justify spending money on…unless it was “250lbs”:face-icon-small-ton

Unless you can’t climb higher or boondocker better, the reason for modify isn’t worth it…IMO

I would love to hear more about this motor and so would a lot of others I’m sure.

I remember when people used to think putting a 156 on a stock 700 or 800 was silly because it was to much track, now 600's come stock with a 155.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I remember when people used to think putting a 156 on a stock 700 or 800 was silly because it was to much track, now 600's come stock with a 155.

Im not going to argue on this thread and ruin it...it was a great concept and probably a realistic one at that...just not for me

I respect it and moved on

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Nice!

I am probably thinking waaay to big picture here, but I like the innovation on this sled. Whether or not it is practical is beside the point for me. I am sure for every sled out there, there is one that can "beat" it in some way shape or form. What I appreciate is the thought that went into it, and the hard work it probably took to achieve what he thought up. Let's see...Hard work, ambition, innovation, initiative, creativity, etc, etc. Not bad traits to have. I am thinking he could make a fortune consulting for a certain company...

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I'd like to know what kinda of temperatures this sled would have seen before and after the "homemade coolers". To me it looks like a practical, cheap, light addition of cooling and now has my head spinning in a few directions. I also like the oil bottle, should shave some weight. However this is not ideal for me since I know when I go out riding its usually 2+ tanks of fuel per day and damn near a full tank of oil

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Even if you think it's stupid, why bash it here guys?? This guy is obviously a hardcore sledder at heart and I bet would stick his neck out for any of us FELLOW sledders in a pickle!!

I commend his ingenuity, drive, and overall sled build!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What is the cover on the primary? That's not stock is it?

No, it doesn't look stock.
In fact, if you look at the stamp on the outer edge, it says....wait a minute..."Is this a PF Changs?"
attachment.php

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Just got out of the monthly the Jackson Hole Snow Devils meeting, told TED about all the interest his sled has gained and he wanted me to pass on his thanks to all who have taken a liking to it!

I have never seen primary and secondary clutch faces drilled, details please!

As for the clutch I cant remember off the top of my head what the plate is. He drilled the primary & secondary to increase airflow to the belt therefor adding a longer lifespan to the belt itself and to keep temperatures down.. As you can see there's no vents, all stock panels...

As for the track joint; I currently do not have any up close pictures of the track joint, he bonded and bolted it together in two separate spots..

I will swing by Jackson 5959 tomorrow and get the run down on the clutch and some up close pictures of the track joint for everyone! Were still playing on riding Sunday so I should be able to get some action shots and video of this beast..

Stay tuned!

- Kolin Smith

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Primary looks like a Thunder Products ABC cover, eliminates shimming, larger bushing, just dial the clearance you want. More popular on the cats.

Gearing and shock valving would be interesting. Gotta be some different chassis dynamics going on out back. Guarantee you the OEM R&D dudes would be interested in what he's trying. Hats off to Ted, some manlove going on around here...

Last edited:

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
It is really cool, I am sure that took so much work and thought! It will be interesting to see how it climbs. Cool Build, Good luck! I will never have a sled that has a track longer than 163" Probably will always be on a 153" to 155" But anyways just my opinion, but overall cool build!!

Ryan

Last edited:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Kudos to him for thinkin outside of the box, but he will need a new trailer.

Too bad he ruined the best production boondockin' sled ever made. He should have done this on a Supercharged Yammie.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features