• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Super Chute Turbo

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
This turbo is capable of 15 lbs of boost at 4300 rpm on the 1100T and there is enough flow for 400 hp

It was originally referred to as "Big Johnson" - the new trade name is "Super Chute"

The turbo bolts up to the factory header. The kit will require our 2.5" V Band DP and Silencer. Silencer options will include either a quiet can, bullet or straight pipe. This will be as close to supercharger power delivery on the bottom end as is possible with a turbo. Pricing and more details coming soon, however, it will be substantially more expensive than the Big Chute.

Untitled.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1002.jpg

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So it sounds like this is a better way to go for rideability even if you plan on keeping the power in the 250 range. What the most you can get out of the super chute on pump gas? Av gas? What will the engine take with head studs as the only reliability mod?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
It will be the same hp levels as the Big Chute, 260 pump and 280 on av. The difference will be the response, 15lbs at 4300 rpm. The stock turbo takes till over 5500 rpm to start building boost. The big turbo will run cooler too with more volume.

My plan is to have a 280 BG and a 280 SC on my demos next year. The even with the same power on paper they will ride quite differently.

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.... so many great choices. Thank for giving us all something to go back to work for everyday! I guess now to convince myself which one I NEED!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
So it sounds like this is a better way to go for rideability even if you plan on keeping the power in the 250 range. What the most you can get out of the super chute on pump gas? Av gas? What will the engine take with head studs as the only reliability mod?

I would stud the engine on anything over 225, do you have to, no, but motor repair vs cost of studs is a no brainer. At 260+ you'd be silly (saying that nicely) not to. It will come down to your riding style, if you ride terrain that requires better throttle response or you want to keep your options open to bigger upgrades later, the bigger turbo building boost sooner would be a better choice. That being said the BC is terrific value.....

Clear as mud?:face-icon-small-hap

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006

Matte, drag racing guys have been making 300+ hp with only head studs. There is a fairly good reliability record at this power level, however, mountain riding requires far more full throttle time than what most drag sled or lake racers require. That is why BC and SC kits will be limited to 280 with stock bottom end components. With pistons and connecting rods, the sky is the limit (almost). Later this summer, we will be offering an engine build service for those who want to have their motor built professionally. The builder will be the same Evo employee who assembles our 1600 hp 997 motors. We will also be stocking forged connecting rods and pistons within the next 4-6 weeks.

Also, head studs are a must above 225 and are a good idea at any above stock power level. Arctic Cat says the motor was designed for 215 hp and has been de-rated to its current stock power levels for warrantee reasons.

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
cooling

Will you be looking at a water to air kit to keep this thing cool, or are there other options. Also are you still going to be working on the different HP switch.

V
Nov 26, 2007
Biggest limiting factor, especially for us flat landers, is fuel. I Would assume this is why you are limiting power to 280 as there isn't enough fuel to go any further. The other big turbo kits out there have an add on injector but from what I have seen they are less than precise.

The Super Chute is something I'd like to know more about as it looks bigger on both sides yet bolts up to the stock manifold. Is this a custom turbo you hand build?

Also, I see you have a shop in Stillwater, MN and also plan to release a 240 HP low elevation tune. Do you plan to release other low elevation stuff, especially these turbo kits for those of us looking for more than 280?

Last edited:
E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Biggest limiting factor, especially for us flat landers, is fuel. I Would assume this is why you are limiting power to 280 as there isn't enough fuel to go any further. The other big turbo kits out there have an add on injector but from what I have seen they are less than precise.

The Super Chute is something I'd like to know more about as it looks bigger on both sides yet bolts up to the stock manifold. Is this a custom turbo you hand build?

Also, I see you have a shop in Stillwater, MN and also plan to release a 240 HP low elevation tune. Do you plan to release other low elevation stuff, especially these turbo kits for those of us looking for more than 280?

We have enough fuel for 300. We are not maxed at 280, but getting close. Our 300 + kits require fuel system upgrades including new injectors and fuel pump. The injectors are scaled so the engine runs like stock. Everything is done through the ecu.

The turbo is custom built by us.

We are releasing low altitude versions of all of our products this fall.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Can you ballpark us on price of the Super Chute kit? I see you have "deals" on the Big Chute are you planning on doing a deal on the Super Chute? I'm ready to buy now, even if I'm not sure exactly what I want. Btw, 1600hp out of 3.6 liters is impossible. So stop doing the impossible.

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
This looks like another great offering from Evolution Powersports.

I have purchased and installed their intercooler fan kit already, and I must say that the fit and finish is superb. Well thought out solutions and really good instructions.

Also, the service from Jim has been outstanding, fast and to the point!

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Can you ballpark us on price of the Super Chute kit? I see you have "deals" on the Big Chute are you planning on doing a deal on the Super Chute? I'm ready to buy now, even if I'm not sure exactly what I want. Btw, 1600hp out of 3.6 liters is impossible. So stop doing the impossible.

The Super Chute will be a more involved install with more manufactured parts. The turbo is more expensive for us to build than the Big Chute. It is still a direct bolt in kit, but will require 4-5 more hours for the installation as compared to the BC kit. A basic 250-280 kit with exhaust will be in the 5k range.

Premium Features