• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin Rhinos ???

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Buy one

This is a product every group of sledders should own.Being able to find your buddies is quick and easy with this radio.Last weekend some buddies beat me to the hill but once I got to the alpine they were easy to find even in the fog.
Best used in groups especially if you have one that can't keep up. All he has to do is key mike and his position will be on your map.Hope this helps. Cost is kind of high but what price can you put on your or your buddies safety. I highly recommend the 530 model

Cheers,
Dave

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Outstanding product and I do not allow my son or wife (or myself) to ride without one and they know how to use it as well. Great investment. Cheapest I have found is ebay.
BB

sledboy82

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2008
Fargo, ND
i bought mine early spring and used it couple times and i love it. i bought mine off of ebay and it was cheaper then going to a local store.

Feb 15, 2008
They are great. My dad bought 3 120s and they work decent. The 530 works a lot better though. They are really handy for hunting when every one your with has one.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
I seen them on ebay too 269 for the 530.

269 is most likely for a refurbished one. The best deal on the net that I have found is gpsonsale.com. The 530 is 380 bucks after shipping. I would recomend the 530 to anyone over the 520. The diff. is the 530 has a compass, altimeter, weather station radio & other little things. I just put all of WY. CO MT, and UT on my 530. Then when you go riding in the diff. areas it automatically pulls the map and shows topo maps and all the drainages and trails roads ect. :)

D

dragonrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Redmond, OR
Best Investment

We don't ever hunt or ride without them. Having the ability to see where the wife and friends are is the best feature. Great radio range also, worth the money.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
Own a 520 love the thing wish I would have spent the cash for the 530. Had a buddy upload some mapsource on to it. Has to be the best thing going right now.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
There the only way to go because if you ever rid on your own it is the only way people can find you! THERE THE ONLY REASON MY PARENTS LET ME RIDE ALONE OR WITH JUST 1 FREIND AND THEY FEEL SECURE IS THE BEST PART!

bradlemieux7331

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2008
Shakopee MN
I bought mine for elk hunting CO last year!

Rhino 520 Worked great will be bring it along on my west trip the end of Jan to Togwotee.
B-rad

BC-XP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops
I was looking into buying a couple last year, the thing that turned me off was the fact that you had to key the mike inorder for you to show up on the map.

So if your stuck and your buddy is still riding around you can't see him and he can't see you unless he stops and keys his mike and you have to sitting there holding your's down as well.

Or is there some way around this so you show up on the map at all times...and does it continually drain more battery to be on the map at all times ????

Premium Features