• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 proclimb m8 st problems

Z
Oct 13, 2014
What exactly are the problems with the 12 models all I hear is the are junk I just bought a left over brand new one with all the 2014 upgrades supposedly well my wife bought it for me and didn't realy ask any questions so not sure what exactly was done and what needs to be done if anything it's mainly gonna be ditch banger with a couple 4 day trips to mountains

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
updates from a 2012 to a 2014.

Lighter spindles,
Tighter turning radius,
Front mounted heat exchanger, (sno pro and limited models)
2.6 track
skid position (changed from 2012/13 and from 13/14)
Big fin secondary,
Thicker TCL,
Bigger fuel tank in 14,
Better seat with more storage in 14,
Different gearing in 14,
Better clutch guard and brake guard in 14,
Coolant bottle instead of a hose,
Front side panel vent, (goes away in 15 and has a side mounted vent instead)

Those are a few, Lots more if you really wanted to get into detail.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I ran mine for three years will no issues. Relocated the skid, changed the gearing, and added some venting to get air flow moving thru the engine compartment. Only time I blew a belt was when I tried a softer secondary spring for a day. Back to stock spring, no more issues. Alot of the negative stuff makes it on the forums about every brand of sled. If you base all your decisions off what guys on forums say, none of us ever ride. We all just go to the mountains and change belts,driveshafts,pistons,cranks.........:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Z
Oct 13, 2014
$8300 plus tax 5% so about $5000 less than an new 15 I was pretty impressed with the price only thing I'm realy disappointed with so far just looking at it is no storage that realy sucks I'm a bit of a pack rat

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I also enjoy hauling a lot of stuff with me.
the cat bag that came on my 14 was a pile of **** I think stuff would stay dryer taped to the hood.
I got a hole shot this yr .and I got the goggle defrost bag last yr cant live with out that.
sounds like the price was right and for the war dept to bring it home got to love that

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I wouldn't let the debbie downers get to you. I have a 12 and love it. I have rode the 13 and 14 alot as my friend is the dealer in town and we get demos every year to play with. You can definitely tell a difference but my sled keeps up just fine. I listed below what I changed. The first thing is to get the track and skis changed out if your going to be in deep snow makes it a whole new sled. With the new track i moved my front mounting hole on the skid and let the limiter strap all the way out and like it alot.

14 short lighter seat
14 bigger lighter tank
2.6 track
big fin updated clutch
brp y pipe
brp can
update brake cover
slp powder pros
ground my spindles to increase stearing
changed gearing

Last edited:
Z
Oct 13, 2014
I'm just honestly trying to find out if this sled will be decient to ride I just got off a m7 that blew up 3 times last year in about 250 km and my wife's ran like a top

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I'm just honestly trying to find out if this sled will be decient to ride I just got off a m7 that blew up 3 times last year in about 250 km and my wife's ran like a top

In that case, yes a proclimb is 100 times better than an M7.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Don't worry

Don't let this forum bother you, the 12 is a good sled. Wait tell you ride it you will be smiling big time. Leave as is or change the simple things to make better. Based on your information (it's mainly gonna be ditch banger with a couple 4 day trips to mountains) I may get shot but the 12 will be better then the 14 due to better cooling, gearing and seat. I have both and I can put my 12 in just as many places as my 14 on the mountain. Just ride it and report back.

Z
Oct 13, 2014
Well good to hear I was getting a bit worried with all the negative Nancy's out there just hope I have better luck with this than my m7 and I'm sure I will

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Just relocate the skid to 13 or 14 location, 2.6 or 3 inch track and do mountain valleys steering fix also make sure they did the 14 big fin clutch update. One last thing get some powder pros and you will be just as happy as the 15 owner in fact happier because you can do a big bore or a turbo and still be in the same price range as if you bought a 15

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Lots and lots of answers here...

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379864

There is a ****load of info on this forum about the 12's... main issues are weight, track and clutching. Otherwise ride the hell out of it

Nothing wrong with the track, 2.25 PC is a good track, and weight is a PC issue not a 2012 issue, blown belts and turning radius were the real issues with the 12 PC

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Nothing wrong with the track, 2.25 PC is a good track, and weight is a PC issue not a 2012 issue, blown belts and turning radius were the real issues with the 12 PC

Correct. If you want to improve the performance of the 2.25, cut off all the short finger paddles on the track. It will look like an attack 20 and really helps with performance.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Correct. If you want to improve the performance of the 2.25, cut off all the short finger paddles on the track. It will look like an attack 20 and really helps with performance.

Why would you want to make a good track into an attack 20???? those things were garbage lol

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Well good to hear I was getting a bit worried with all the negative Nancy's out there just hope I have better luck with this than my m7 and I'm sure I will

Fwiw, whatever was up with your M7, was not normal. M7s are one of if not the most bulletproof machines of the last 10 years. I have zero experience with the new Cats but enough of the M series to know they are good sleds.
Have fun on your new machine. Sounds like a deal!

Premium Features