• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebars and upper steering post?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Time to replace my handlebars...stock ones bend every time i pull on them and i can only straighten them so many times. So anyone replaced just the bars? Looked at the RSI, fly racing, skinz for a 7/8in bar but not seeing any that stand out. Also my upper steering post is so loose its scary, and its not the adjustable height bushing its slop where the bottom of the post attaches through the chassis. Anyone try the Z-bros -1 upper post? Or know a way to get 1-1/8in clamps without a riser so I have more options for a tapered bar? C'mon on I know BCIL has something slick!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I like whatever bars feel good in your hands! I've hopped on other people's bikes & sleds and hated the feel... I just get the sweep that works for my broken azz wrists.

The adapter made by Zbros that is on the BDX sled will let you run your own riser so that you don't have to run the stock flat bar which opens up WAY more options in that department.

I'm still working on them to sell me just that part. Right now they're wanting to sell the whole post so that people can correct their steering, but on 13's or for someone with the BDX spindle, you don't really need the whole thing, and the unit that just clamps on top will be a nice affordable way to get folks a T top without a lot of hassle.

C

chuff26

Dec 3, 2011
Here's what I did to mine for the slop issue. Used a stock clamp/bushing like is on the lower post, and used a bit of galvanized electrical conduit to get the shaft from 1 1/8 to 1 1/4.

There's absolutely zero slop, and works pretty good. The conduit I cut in half to "wrap" the post it can't fall out or anything, and bolted the clamp to a bit of aluminum angle that's bolted down.

I'd get a better pic but the sled's at the dealer getting updates done, but you get the idea.

20121023_225732.jpg

Last edited:
K
Feb 13, 2012
Norway
Here's what I did to mine for the slop issue. Used a stock clamp/bushing like is on the lower post, and used a bit of galvanized electrical conduit to get the shaft from 1 1/8 to 1 1/4.

There's absolutely zero slop, and works pretty good. The conduit I cut in half to "wrap" the post it can't fall out or anything, and bolted the clamp to a bit of aluminum angle that's bolted down.

I'd get a better pic but the sled's at the dealer getting updates done, but you get the idea.

Is that a new upper steering post? Where did you get one with t-top included?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Per BCL:wave:..................Z bros telescopic delete pivoting post and Fly adjustable riser ......this was after the stock fixed bars tried to amputate my leg...............:face-icon-small-dis

2013-01-21_18-40-47_381.jpg 2013-01-21_18-40-17_138.jpg

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
only had it out for a trail ride, my leg is still an issue.......getting old suck, takes forever to heal:face-icon-small-fro

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Per BCL:wave:..................Z bros telescopic delete pivoting post and Fly adjustable riser ......this was after the stock fixed bars tried to amputate my leg...............:face-icon-small-dis

I just did the same thing but RSI risers and I changed the upper post bushing! I think I like this setup but will know with some more miles!

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I did the Zbroz telescope delete mounted as low as possible, a 2 inch rox riser mounted at 10 deg forward and a set of powerhouse customs bars with a very slijght sweep. this way I keep the cat "style" steering and my actual hand position is about 2 inches lower and 2 inches farther forward than stock.
love it. I will snap a pic tomorrow, my phones dead now

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Here's what I did. I used a cat hcr t top that I cut in half and double walled then a fly adjustable riser, the bigger post bushings, cheetah factory racing bars, rsi throttle block and relocated the handle bar warmer switches

20140915_133801_resized.jpg 20140915_133742_resized.jpg 20140915_132318_resized.jpg 20140915_133645_resized.jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Here's what I did. I used a cat hcr t top that I cut in half and double walled then a fly adjustable riser, the bigger post bushings, cheetah factory racing bars, rsi throttle block and relocated the handle bar warmer switches

Hey Shaq, how tall are you? ( I think those bars would be at neck level for me... I'm a "little person"!!)

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
6' they are set to where I have a slight bend in my elbow while standing straight up. That's a 4" adjustable riser that's set at probably 2 1/2 to 3" high.

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
How is everyone liking the adjustable riser from Rox?(Fly). Are they holding up and not coming loose?

Or should a guy just get a set of fixed risers?

I kind of like the idea of being able to adjust them to get the perfect height for my sled.

Thanks in advance for the input

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
How is everyone liking the adjustable riser from Rox?(Fly). Are they holding up and not coming loose?

Or should a guy just get a set of fixed risers?

I kind of like the idea of being able to adjust them to get the perfect height for my sled.

Thanks in advance for the input

No issue's I like it. Stays tight and there's zero slop

Premium Features